Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 31 22-10-2008 , 04:44 AM
Lead Modeler - Framestore
ahh!!

Mi duelle la cabeza!

Yeah the english accent sure can throw people, even the english!
If you are from the West country the accent is very ooarrgh!! Owz it gowing then? which is a very stereotypical farmer accent.

London types are more ''alright mate ahz it gahin?'' with regards to beer, generally its ''fancy a pint?'' or ''fancy a swift half after work'' and even 'fancy a beeh'

With people from the northern parts of england the accent 'CAN' be very strong, but the strange thing is I work with people from Manchester and Sheffield and I find the accent fine, but listening to people like Liam Gallagher of Oasis (hes from Manchester) in interviews or my sisters boyfriend (from Sheffield) I cant understand a bloody word! I need subtitles, I kid you not.

I lived in Spain for a while a few years back and the differences in pronunciation from one end of the country to the other is incredible plus I this theres about 7 different styles of spoken spanish alone! but for me I loved the way they talk Spanish in Andalucia (Old Spain in the South), its just great and you can get away with not saying certain letters in words, so words like 'esta' becomes 'eta', so by saying 'no eta' as opposed to 'no esta' sure roles of the tongue alot easier...

anyway Im rambling now...

Jay

# 32 22-10-2008 , 04:50 AM

Originally posted by Jay
but listening to people like Liam Gallagher of Oasis (hes from Manchester)

earr arr our kid, what de fecks wrrrong widh arr accent... Proper manc init!

Haha

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 33 22-10-2008 , 06:57 AM
Subscriber
Im sorry but every description of the Australian accent i have read hear sounds nothing like what i do.
Although its probalbly cause i am used to it. But thats the same with anyone, if you get accoustomed to something like an accent anything different will stick out.

"If Less is more then think how much more more would be..."

Winner June 2009 Spaceship Challenge
# 34 22-10-2008 , 07:52 AM
Lead Modeler - Framestore

Anyway Im no expert but I guess its how things are heard to the individual,

as I said before....

Jay

# 35 22-10-2008 , 11:16 AM
Level 32 pachyderm
I can understand most people from England but not necessarily the welsh (although most are easy)

Ive never had a problem in Manchester or Sheffield but i live near both

now i can see myself having a problem with newcastle

# 36 22-10-2008 , 12:36 PM
Every country has their regional colloquialisms. Look at the US, you have southern accents, northern, mid-western, etc. And, then you have sub-accents on top of that....A 'Baahston' accent is different from a "New Yawk" accent. A Nashville accent is different than Louisiana. Etc. Same thing with places like the UK. I've always found it funny that some southern accents here can sound very sweet and pleasant while others just sound like absolute rednecks.

My wife is actually from the Philippines and over there, while Tagalog is the national language, there are many different sub-languages or variations depending what province/islands your from for example...you have the visayan islands which speak visayan but there are even sub-languages there, like cebuano for the people from cebu.

"Terminat Bora Diem, Terminal Auctor opus."