Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 14-12-2016 , 08:23 PM

Weight Paint Tool - Joints & Filter

Two questions:
1. Is there a workflow that allows you to select a joint, and have that selection carry over to the weight paint tool? Currently, I jump from selecting joints to identify them, to selecting the mesh, to opening the weight paint tool, and then searching for the joint in the influences list before actually painting the weight. It's possible, just tedious. This is what lead me to the second question...

2. The files attached show the following: A joint in my rig is named "leaves_20_jnt". When I search for "leaves" (or other keywords / joint names) in the weight paint tool's filter, the results always remain blank. I feel like I might be missing something obvious, or somehow misunderstanding how the filter works.

Sorry if this isn't in the right spot, or has already been addressed; I'm new to weight painting, and this is my first post on here.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 04-01-2017 , 06:00 AM
1. Just make sure you are in the "paint skin weights tool", once that is active, hold down the right mouse button over the joint you wish to paint weights on, click and drag to "select influence".

2. You have to put an asterisk at the end of your search for it to work properly, for example "leaves*" is the way to go.

Feel free to check out my website! (:

https://dlopezdemedrano.com