Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 1 30-07-2003 , 04:00 AM

Using More Than One Texture On A Model

I've been away for a few days - personal problems - but now I'm back. user added image I'm trying to texture a door and the hinges attached to it. What I'm wondering is how can I apply more than one texture to an item? Is it possible? Thanks in advance for all of your help... user added image

Russell

Russell Bolding
CEO/Founder - Russelltopia Studios
Web:https://www.russelltopia.com
Email:russbo@russelltopia.com
# 2 30-07-2003 , 04:24 AM
Subscriber
the only way I know how (still learning user added image) is to use the power of UV mapping. Do you have a lot of hair? because you wont after you do much messing with UV's...

the easist way would be to model the hinges seperately tho'

(I think in Max you can assign material id's to surfaces...is that possible in Maya?)

what are you using to model? polys or nurbs

# 3 30-07-2003 , 04:42 AM
Nurbs. See, I have a hinge I want to add bolts to... shoot... I think I may have answered my own question... I'll get back with you... LOL!

Russell Bolding
# 4 30-07-2003 , 04:48 AM
Subscriber
LOL, that happens to me all the time!

hay? what's MovieWerx all about?

<---- to lazy to click the link user added image

# 5 30-07-2003 , 05:02 AM
UVs are the best but i not got into then that much yet. I know that with polys you can select faces, right click on your texture node in and select 'add to selected' or somthing like that and only the faces selected will have that texture.

Yeah, but no but yeah but no....
# 6 12-08-2003 , 06:44 PM
Sorry it's taken me this long to respond, Mr. Porter. user added image Been crazy busy as of late. MovieWerx Studios is really, for me, just a hobby. I'm in the process of trying to put together my first short film using Maya and I haven't had a lot of time to work on much of it, what with a career change, losing half of my work dealing with viruses, and fighting off this stupid MSBlaster worm. A boy doesn't have any time for BS, if ya know what I mean. I've always dreamed of making movies and now that 3d animation is all the rage, I figured I wouldn't need any one else to help me make my movie using conventional means; i.e. cameras, extras, catering, percentage on the gross profit made by my blockbuster, egos.

You should really see my way-past-time-to-be-updated website. It really is a neat site... all amateurish and stuff and junk like that. I'll keep everybody updated on my progress. Thanks for your interest. :thumbsup:

Russell

Russell Bolding