Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 13-07-2007 , 10:36 PM

help on pirate ship video

im sorry to bother you but this is bugging me now :(, i have completed the first disk of the pirate ship, at the end of the first disk it shows the bottom half of the boat that we have been modling planks as one whole object, well when you go into the 2nd disk it shows that the bottom half of the boat is all in diffrent object and you can select each plank.... the video doesn't show you how this is done and i cant continue with out it ... im sorry to bother you but i cant see any other thread that has this problem so if you can help i will be very greatfull thanks :)

Last edited by dahaka; 13-07-2007 at 10:40 PM.
# 2 14-07-2007 , 01:08 AM
Can you post a picture and the exact section your on .. So I can have as look see.

I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination, knowledge is limited, imagination encircles the world. (Albert Einstein)

https://www.artstation.com/kurtb
# 3 14-07-2007 , 04:27 AM
sorry here you go, i hope you can help

# 4 14-07-2007 , 04:33 AM
user added image

# 5 14-07-2007 , 06:33 AM
To separate each plank you can go to edit polygon and hit separate. Or if you using a new vershion you can hit edit mesh separate. that should allow you to pick each individually.

I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination, knowledge is limited, imagination encircles the world. (Albert Einstein)

https://www.artstation.com/kurtb
# 6 14-07-2007 , 06:39 AM
ahhhh thank you very much that has been bugging me for some time now :)