Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 1 13-08-2007 , 02:36 AM
Subscriber

Problem with the pirate ship

Hello there,

I bought the pirate ship tutorial and so far it works great:-)

But now on part 6 i ran into a problem when i try to extrude the faces of the ship hull.

In the tutorial all the faces are selected and then they are extruded 3 times. After that the planks are moved together and its being checked by turning into subdivisions if everything look good.

When i Extrude faces the faces are pushed in three times and on the outside there is no face left at all cause the only face thats there is where the last extrude stoped.

After this i cant turn the planks into subs anymore.

Would be coool if anyone had a hint for me:-)

# 2 13-08-2007 , 04:39 AM
Subscriber
ok i at least found out why i have a problem:-)

When i extrude the faces there are holes left at the back of the model.

But in the tutorial these holes are not created when extruding faces.

I read up the maya help about extruding and watched the two tutorials from here but i cant figure out how dave did this:-)

# 3 13-08-2007 , 05:45 AM
Maniacal boy king of Babylon
it would be helpfull to show a picture of your hull of the ship and the one the guy from the tutorial made, so people who don't have the dvd, but have the knowledge about the technique you're using, can help you too.
I don't know if the tutorial says you should do this but otherwise use the append to polygon tool to fill up the hole

Good luckuser added image

# 4 13-08-2007 , 10:31 AM
Subscriber
Never mind:-) I found the Solution in the Poly Tool Options.