Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 16-06-2007 , 01:54 AM
Subscriber

walk cicle tut :confused:

hi I have just downloaded the walk cicle tut but when I am suppose to only move the left foot the whole body moves along!user added image user added image

I have downloaded all 3 parts an cant make it the first 10 sek in nr 1... pls helpuser added image user added image

I am using maya 8 is it just a setting or was i waste of monnyuser added image user added image user added image user added image

pls help a noob :p

# 2 16-06-2007 , 01:59 AM
Subscriber
I don't know much about rigging, animating, or this tutorial, but from t he sounds of it, it sounds like you haven't painted weights yet.

# 3 16-06-2007 , 02:03 AM
Subscriber
I am using the pre-rigged model i downloaded with the tut and i havnt don any thing to it

# 4 16-06-2007 , 02:17 AM
Subscriber
keep watching the tutorial then, there is a thing called painting weights that makes it so that only a certain section will move when selected. Like I said I don't know much, but just a rigged model with nothing else done to it yet isn't going to move correctly

# 5 16-06-2007 , 02:24 AM
Subscriber
the tut is only about animating (the moves) and i know nothing about weight maps either ^^ I am pretty sure it doesn't say it.

All i did was too download the tut with a pre-rigged charterer open both files and it didn't work the tut says nothing about rigginguser added image user added image