Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 31 25-02-2007 , 05:07 AM
^^Go the hypershader window and select the atomsphere material. In the attribute editor, under "Special Effects" the glow parameter is there.

# 32 25-02-2007 , 05:14 AM
I can't find an atmosphere material.

# 33 25-02-2007 , 05:20 AM

Originally posted by MrTerminator
I can't find an atmosphere material.

For the atmosphere, did you create a polygon sphere, scale it and applied a lambert material and set the transparency?

The lambert material should have the "glow" parameter in the attributes editor.

# 34 25-02-2007 , 05:42 AM
That's what I did all the time. But it doesn't work. The atmosphere looks really bad.

# 35 25-02-2007 , 06:37 AM
What rendering engine are you using?

# 36 26-02-2007 , 03:11 AM
mentla ray. But the image above is rendered with maya software.

# 37 28-02-2007 , 10:16 AM
Subscriber
wow nice mr t! looks amazing, i feel like doing this but first i gotta complete all my other projects first :p

im not sure but the clouds look abit "fake" or somethings wrong with them user added image still looks good though, keep it up user added image

# 38 14-03-2007 , 10:01 PM
Subscriber
Hello there people nice, work, I was wondering if there is a way to do this, so that its on a much smaller sphere and wont make my pc freeze, with a radius of 8 , subdivision axis of 24 and subdivision height of 24.

# 39 25-03-2007 , 08:17 PM
Hi all! I haven't done anything to this project...About the stars...the light coming from the sun is reflected by the earth surface and athmosphere .The light comming from the stars has a low intensity compared to sun light intensity so they aren't visible. When you go a little far from earth this light from those stars becomes visible...That's why on nasa's earth closeups pictures we don't see any star.About the athmosphere: I have done one more sphere next to surface and cloud spheres, and scale it properly,(i can't remember now the numbers) and i have map it with a transparency map.I have used a ramp in conjunction with sampler info and what i finished up doing is to connect facing ratio of the sampler to vCoord of the ramp.By doing that my sphere will be completely transparent in the center area and has a little opacity to the edges, that can be controled by the ramp.Objects have glow arround them and some glow in the center will make the athmosphere look unnatural.To that sphere i had added some glow with the attribute --hide source checked.You shoud turn auto exposure off...I have render the clouds and the atmosphere separately and then composed them back in Shake to gain a little bit of control.The peroject is far from end, so i will continue as soon as i can.Somebody asked me to write a tutorial about this"
( but i have deleted that message and i don't know who he was..) and i intend to keep my word (right now i am very busy because an aproacind deadline on my work)...Cheers to all of you! user added image

# 40 25-11-2007 , 06:30 PM
Subscriber
NICE! I did the same thing but yours is more detailed. I was just practicing planner, spherical and cyndrical mapping. I want to do that kind of work but first i got to practice, practice, practice.

danm, every time i come to this site i get hungry to learn this.