Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 18-08-2011 , 12:31 PM

1st finished model

as I've been pestering many a person on these forums over the last few months, and received a lot of help and advice, I though it only courteous to show what I've been battling with - this is my first complete model, done for a vfx course module.
I feel I left too little time towards the end to get to grips with texturing, lighting and rendering, so I'm not particularly happy with the final images. At least, I don't feel they reflect the amount of time I put into the actual modelling. you get the idea tho :-

Last edited by se7enhedd; 06-04-2012 at 10:18 AM.
# 2 18-08-2011 , 12:49 PM
Acid44
Looks good man!

James May drove this thing on top gear a while ago user added image

# 3 19-08-2011 , 01:36 PM
cheers acid -- I've just had a look through some of the other gallery work... I'm completely deflated again! still, onwards and upwards. and not bad for a first go, even if I do say so myself! user added image

# 4 20-08-2011 , 03:05 PM
Acid44
Not bad at all man, lots of different sorts of edges and such in there, and you got em all done pretty well