Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 05-12-2005 , 08:26 PM

Here For A Brief Moment

Hello all,

Not sure anyone here remembers me but I was the lad that spent so much time bugging the forum about a little short I was trying to make called Identity Crisis. I had all these questions about lighting and GI and radiosity and such. Well, that ship, for better or worse, has more or less sailed. 3D is just little more than a dream for me now.

Maya is such a hard a$$ program to learn. Holy buckets! Talk about a mindbender! :headbang: I do thank everyone for all of the help you gave me. Time just hasn't been a good friend to me as of late. My wife nagged me all the time about the amount of time I was spending on the project and not with her. She was kind of right but I've moved on to screenwriting now in the hopes of firing up a new career. 3D is great but it's kinda hard to do that for a living with me living in the Midwest and most jobs being on the West Coast.

I'm sure I won't end up making Joe Eztherhaus or Shane Black jealous with any money I make if I ever sell anything but I can always dream. I've finished a first draft "script" but it has no cohesive story, no character development, little plot. It's just a bunch of gags and set pieces thrown together. Now, I'm studying with the help of a few pros to actually write a good screenplay. I'll keep you posted. I gotta run but just wanted you all to know I'm still around. user added image God bless everyone and have Happy Holidays. user added image

Russell

Russell Bolding
CEO/Founder - Russelltopia Studios
Web:https://www.russelltopia.com
Email:russbo@russelltopia.com

Last edited by Russell; 05-12-2005 at 08:29 PM.
# 2 05-12-2005 , 11:13 PM
Some days ago I heard someone say something. this prevented me from thinking about I´ll never earn any mo with CG, cause maya is a pain in the a$$ indeed some times. what I heard was a little sentence about genius. it said -> True genius is a matter of persistence. (hope it is the correct word in your language)

PS: my girl was nagging too, so I moved out of our home and got me a new flat. she doesn´t nag anymore since then but still is my girl. I´m pretty much running out of doe since I quit my old and boring job in june 05. and the only institution which is teaching maya in my country costs about 12.000 $ which I can´t efford. nevertheless - I´m still at it cause CG is so much fun I wanna earn money with it someday.

good luck to you!