Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 1 07-12-2008 , 04:20 AM
Subscriber

A mouse Love

Hey I wrote a little story just for fun (my friend had a nightmare so I told her that story for joking and finaly.. I like it so I wrote it)

So thats how it goes:
(sumary) a little mouse love a princess and live in her walls.
He's trying to let her know that he's in love so he try to write something with food pieces, try to reveal his love in her ears when she's sleeping but she wake up and send him away and shout loud has she can. Then the mouse try to write a letter... once its finished he get in her bedroom to give her the letter... and a cat were waiting for him with "Prince" write on his medal.

So Yeah the mouse is dead...
I tought I was not good enough to model a human head so I tried and thats the result
https://www.digitaltutors.com/uploads...ling_final.JPG

So my friends like the idea and want to help me to get throught this project
(supporting me because they are not doing 3D at all... except one... she's doing animation)
So I will probably need help to know how to do some things that im not good at... and need critique
it will be a 5minutes video
with a narator
maybe in french (since the story was first wrote in french... but its easy to translate it since only the narator talk)

Ill be doing the mouse on next week (I dont have a lot of free time so im not sure when it will be done...)
I will do the princess soon as possible too
I want to get the main caracters done first to be able to modify few things on them before the final result

and then I have few things to do
-villagers (low poly)
-outside castle (low poly)
-inside castle [princess bedroom] (high details)
-cat (high poly)

and few objects
its not a "few weeks project" it will probably take 4-5months just to get the models since I have my computer 2-3days per week and many things to do when im at home...

so yeah the WIP will be posted here
I hope you like the idea ^^

Maya modeler - current project Avatar - purplemikey
# 2 07-12-2008 , 07:40 AM
Super Moderator
Its a cute story but I think it gets odd at the end, it felt like it was leading to something then the mouse just...gets killed? I understand the whole concept of Princess who has a cat named Prince, so too bad for the mouse, that slot has been filled. And it seemed light hearted and cute but it turned kinda morbid when you had the main character get rubbed out like that. I'll just have to wait and see the presentation I guess. Personal projects are always cool, have fun with it.user added image

- Genny
# 3 09-12-2008 , 08:07 PM
Subscriber
Hey Thank you for your reply

Yeah ... its an hard way to end the story
but it had to have an end and sadly... I found the most realistic end
Personaly... if I was living in a castle and found a mouse on my pillow next to my ear... my first idea will be to buy a cat
So thats why I had this idea
cuz tales are like dreams... make to be dreaming
so when the story start it seems like a normal story... where impossible love will finaly find a way to be happy together (like a kiss and.. turn to a beautiful prince)
but that end is pretty different.. I think

and the project will be really slow since im at home 2days per weeks and ... I only have 3-4 hours that I can work on it
and most of the time I have other things to do

Anyway... it will be fun to work on ^^
but for my mouse reference... im not sure
Just watched Narnia 2 and I like the mouses
so I will probably draw a mouse looking like those or take snapshot of my sister's rat
any better idea? or reference pictures..?

thx

# 4 10-12-2008 , 10:10 AM
Subscriber

that's a "Ch" pronounced as a "K"

Computer skills I should have:
Objective C, C#, Java, MEL. Python, C++, XML, JavaScript, XSLT, HTML, SQL, CSS, FXScript, Clips, SOAR, ActionScript, OpenGL, DirectX
Maya, XSI, Photoshop, AfterEffects, Motion, Illustrator, Flash, Swift3D
# 5 10-12-2008 , 05:26 PM
Subscriber
Thanks a lot!
yeah I found many computer mouses...
its looks easy to model but I dont know how to start it
I want to do poly modeling, easy for the body... but the head seems harder =\

# 6 10-12-2008 , 06:18 PM
Head of 3d Admedia
had a mice\rats problem when i moved into my first apartment so thank god those tiny bastards are being done way with in this story

# 7 10-12-2008 , 06:22 PM
haha great storyuser added image

https://www.stevenpalomino.com
# 8 10-12-2008 , 10:58 PM
Subscriber

# 9 12-12-2008 , 03:36 PM
Subscriber
@murambi - im happy to know that listening at my movie will be a pleasure for you (like a revenge HAHA)

@steven07 - thank you ^^

@Jali - nice modeling so far
my modeling techniques are most from poly cubes
I wanted to know how you got your nose/mouth done
its my biggest problem for the moment... Im trying to figure how to have a good edgeflow with that kind of nose
Extrusion? like for the human nose..?

Well guys the progress of the project will be pretty slow during the holydays since im not at home before january
so yeah... I will try to do a rush after the Holydays to get the mouse done and start working on the room
im also doing an other scene for a friend... an alien slayer and he want it soon as possible so it will keep me busy for the next months...

Hope you guys will like my movie!
ho and by the way... I will probably need a good narator for the english version if anyone have a good microphone that we can hear him clearly... but I will only need him in like 3-4 months so... =\

Thanks for your comments guys!