Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 28-12-2009 , 06:54 PM
Subscriber

Software Problems

Hey everyone.

I recently got a new computer that runs Vista, 64 bit, huge hard drive space and huge RAM. I tried to install and run Adobe CS3 and it installs fine but when I click on the programs, nothing happens. Example: When I click on the Photoshop icon, it starts to open but then nothing happens, then it says that it is unresponsive. The other programs like Dreamweaver or Illustrator just don't open. Any ideas? Thanks ahead of time.

# 2 28-12-2009 , 09:20 PM
Subscriber
have you tried just opening it and letting it run and not doing anything for a few minutes?

that's a "Ch" pronounced as a "K"

Computer skills I should have:
Objective C, C#, Java, MEL. Python, C++, XML, JavaScript, XSLT, HTML, SQL, CSS, FXScript, Clips, SOAR, ActionScript, OpenGL, DirectX
Maya, XSI, Photoshop, AfterEffects, Motion, Illustrator, Flash, Swift3D
# 3 28-12-2009 , 11:02 PM
Subscriber
Yeah, it just sits there and thinks. I looked up solutions on the Internet and it still wont work. Is CS3 compatible with Vista 64 bit?

# 4 28-12-2009 , 11:40 PM
Subscriber
yup, i used it

on the first start up i just let it sit there being all unresponsive and then it studdenly worked
after that it starts without being unresponsive

that's a "Ch" pronounced as a "K"

Computer skills I should have:
Objective C, C#, Java, MEL. Python, C++, XML, JavaScript, XSLT, HTML, SQL, CSS, FXScript, Clips, SOAR, ActionScript, OpenGL, DirectX
Maya, XSI, Photoshop, AfterEffects, Motion, Illustrator, Flash, Swift3D
# 5 28-12-2009 , 11:48 PM
Subscriber
Well I guess I'll give it another try. But even with the other programs like dreamweaver and Illustrator, nothing happens at all. They dont even open up. At least Photoshop opens up and thinks.