Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 04-03-2003 , 07:37 PM

::Hg::

Hi,

This is another thing I'm working on. I'll post it later this evening on highend3d. It's a script that generates "hair" using maya's paintFX's. It's still a work in progress. I didn't put in all the warnings and error messages in yet, so be carreful :p .

Download script.

Enjoy, ...

Here you can you the workflow in short... really short... I'll write a tutorial in the near future.

user added image
user added image
user added image

::maNus::

Last edited by manus; 04-03-2003 at 07:50 PM.
# 2 04-03-2003 , 07:48 PM
Control GUI's

The most important thing to know is that this script only works on NURBS surfaces. So the selSurface needs to be a NURBS surface.
For the collision object you can chose a NURBS or a Mesh.

Commandos

create_HGui;
edit_HGui;

user added image

user added image

user added image

user added image

user added image

# 3 04-03-2003 , 07:53 PM
NICE! can't wait to try it!

Israel "Izzy" Long
Motion and Title Design for Broadcast-Film-DS
izzylong.com
# 4 04-03-2003 , 07:54 PM
You don't have to wait. Just click download script... hehe

# 5 04-03-2003 , 09:33 PM
Simply Maya OG
Looks awsome so far.

- Hybrid
# 6 04-03-2003 , 09:34 PM
Subscriber
Interesting!

I wonder; can you control how groups of hair folds on the head, creating a girlie hair for example? Can you have one controller that grabs a portion of the hair and fold it in a direction or along a curve (to fold the hair)?

I do not support Bush! Nor Saddam! Long live UN!
# 7 04-03-2003 , 09:58 PM
Undseth

I really don't understand what you mean by this?

"Can you have one controller that grabs a portion of the hair and fold it in a direction or along a curve (to fold the hair)?"

Because this is just the behavior you are getting, now no? The thing about my script is that you have control over each group of hairs on the surface and that group could by animated by keyframes or by dynamics.

# 8 06-03-2003 , 07:47 PM
Hey Manus, this looks to be awesome.

I downloaded this, and being that I'm on a Mac I was pretty sure it wouldn't work, and sure enough, it didn't. Do you know how I can modify the script to get it to work on Maya 4.5 on the Mac?

I'd really like to play with your script, it really looks awesome.

I don't remember the types of errors that occurred, but I do believe they all involved termination errors. I don't know what that means, but maybe that will help you figure out what I can do to get your script to work on my Mac.

Thanks for the help,
Chad