Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 08-03-2011 , 03:02 PM
Subscriber

March Challenge - Environment - BabyDuck

thought i give this a shot. and since there is no limitations on use of software .... user added image

its a city scene - at night. not sure yet what is going to be in the city. putting some water around it might be cool. and putting some kind of airport in the middle of it might be nice too. for now i got the city - nothing surrounding and nothing other than the buildings. here is the first test render for this challenge. the black spots in it is nothing - have to fill that in yet. and probably destroy some buildings to fit the airport in ....

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 11-03-2011 , 01:01 PM
Subscriber
i will have to drop out of the challenge. unless i get some extra time in. work ruined another weekend by cutting it way short. well, i should not complain, seeing how others (even on here) struggle to find / keep enough work. only thing i miss is spend time with maya. this weekend - the one fully free day i got - will be used for spending time with grandkids.

the last picture i posted is not even worth considering it as a final entry. it came straight out of a newly created city i put together in city engine and exported to maya. anyone interested here is a wire of the same shot of the post above.

Attached Thumbnails