Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 16-09-2003 , 10:56 AM

Stitching Problems

Hi all,

I need some help with my model, but I keep getting seams in my model at some places, I deleted the history first and rebuilded al my surfaces and did a global stitch, I have no loose surfaces now but keep getting seams.

I tried too tweak the CV`s but no luck at all user added image

I`ve attachted a picture with the problem, I already searched the forum but found nothing that helped me.

I hope that I have given enough info, all help greatly appreciated.

ByeBye

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 16-09-2003 , 01:28 PM
Subscriber
can I see a wire shot of that? I want to see if you have it ready for seaming. If your spans arnt equal you will get that problem. also in the global stiich you will have to adjust the settings after you apply it to tighten up the holes.

Never Do Today What You Can Put Off Till Tomorrow..
My New Site MayaFx.com
# 3 17-09-2003 , 08:02 AM
I`ve checked it, but it seems right, but I`ve a wireshot as requested.

Yes I tried too fiddle with the global stitch settings, but it didn`t really help, maybe the seperation is too high, I will try out, thanks for the advice..

Attached Thumbnails
# 4 17-09-2003 , 02:10 PM
Crank up the render tesellation mate.
Should fix the problem.

# 5 18-09-2003 , 07:35 AM
when you get tired of fighting stitching or that damn trim doesnt tesellates as it should, ie you tried all but nothing worked: group them all and render with mental ray (as long as theyre on the same group and adjacent, MR tesellates them as if they were one surface... cool)

# 6 18-09-2003 , 08:37 AM
yes, that`s it, I found it yesterday on a forum, I turned off the curvurture check, and I must say that it is a`lot of work to do with al the surfaces, but only the problem area`s are under tesselated so that will lessen the work somewhat.

By the way, I did a MR final gather render, but maya crashes hard to desktop then, really odd, I never had problems with MR with maya 4.5