Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 09-09-2011 , 09:15 PM
Lifetime Member

My dream office challenge: Puneet.3d

hi friends. i am not out from this challenge. user added image . was not feeling well from last few weeks. but now back again. and my thread was deleted user added image. anyways. i am back again with same concept the sea shell office look.
i would love to design my office like a sea shell and under sea plants .
so i have designed some 3d props for my dream office like main work desk, stools, shells, sea mushroom lights etc: have a look.

Attached Images
# 2 09-09-2011 , 09:18 PM
Lifetime Member
i will design around 9 to 10 types of shells. well only two type of shells are ready for now. please have a look.

Attached Images
# 3 09-09-2011 , 09:52 PM
i loved the table and lamps, not sure abt the chairs, compared to the table and lamps they look bit empty, bit of a sea shell decoration will do, in my opnion but its very very nice! so cool, great job user added image

# 4 10-09-2011 , 05:17 AM
Lifetime Member
Thank for critics Zainab user added image and i will surely do some more tweaks in the lamp. and i have not yet designed the chair for that work desk. those are stools that will be used in the reception area.

# 5 10-09-2011 , 08:26 PM
Lifetime Member
i am designing the main chair where i will sit. user added image so i have chosen the best species of under sea. "Octopus"

well my idea is to model octopus and then model sofa which will be on its curly legs. have a look on the base model. .

Attached Images
# 6 10-09-2011 , 09:21 PM
This is really a great idea. Very creative.
And good work on the base model

Cheers,
Roman
# 7 11-09-2011 , 07:53 AM
Nice idea and great execution so far. Looking forward for more! user added image

# 8 11-09-2011 , 05:34 PM
Lifetime Member
thanku every one. user added image

# 9 11-09-2011 , 06:30 PM
Super Moderator
I love water so I can definitely appreciate where you're going with this. Looks good so far.

- Genny
# 10 12-09-2011 , 04:15 PM
Lifetime Member
ok. here is the textured look of octopus. tomorrow i will upload the final chair model user added image please have a look.

Attached Images
# 11 12-09-2011 , 09:21 PM
Totally love it! I think this might be my favorite concept/design. It's totally outside the box and very creative. Cant's wait to see it finished.

Edit: I'm not picturing the octopus as part of a sofa/chair. I think i'll have to see it when you finish to understand. Right now, I see it more as the base of a bluish tinted glass table.

Don't be satisfied with what you can do but rather strive to do the things you can't do!
Exceed Expectations!

Last edited by Perfecto; 12-09-2011 at 09:24 PM.
# 12 15-09-2011 , 03:23 PM
Lifetime Member

interior look

i am working on the final look of interior, i have given sea mushroom look to the chairs for clients cos mushroom looks cosy .user added image i have given a star fish on the roof . and i have given little bump to the walls and have kept soft rounded corners as there is nothing in sea which is straight. and i have given multicolor glass window studded in the wall. sun light will fall on this and multi color pattern will be created in side the room.
further i wll make sea horse flower pot. then i will finish the flooring and the back wall with stones and sea shells. and at last i will fix ocopus chair on whic i will sit user added image...

Attached Images
# 13 15-09-2011 , 08:09 PM
Looking forward to how this will turn out. Very interesting concept user added image

Cheers,
Roman
# 14 21-09-2011 , 06:44 PM
Lifetime Member

test render

i have done a test render. This is not the final interior yet. i have to add plants and my dear octopus chair in it. will render the furniture close-ups separately. for now i have noon time render with me . there are corrections to be done in this shot . will be rendering night view too. have a look user added image

Attached Thumbnails
# 15 21-09-2011 , 07:40 PM
Is this supposed to be underwater? Hmm..maybe you should do some underwater "fog". Try putting your scene into a volume cube and give the cubefog-material a bluish color. By transparency you can adjust the ammount. Maybe that could do the underwater effect. Just a thought. user added image