Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 26-11-2005 , 01:50 AM

[question] game-style shading

i've been looking at some old PSX games, like pictured below, with simple poly characters, the textures of which are hand drawn and colored. how can you reproduce this style in maya? it's not a cartoon shader, because the characters remain unaffected by light. if you look at the creases of the old guy's pants, for example, they're just drawn on that way.

i know how to use a texture to apply to a model, but it will still be affected by light, and give off shadows i don't want. so what's the best way to reproduce that look?

# 2 26-11-2005 , 01:52 AM
like this

Attached Images
# 3 01-12-2005 , 03:01 AM
i figured i out, by increasing the texture's diffuse - 4 or so worked pretty well on my model. so just in case anyone else didn't know, there you go.

or maybe you knew.