Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 1 13-09-2017 , 10:01 AM

An Issue with Rendering with Vray

Hello guys !
Hope you're doing great !

I'm using Maya 2016 with Vray 3.1
I finished a project and came to the point where i want to render out the animation , I'm working on fluids ( Emitters , smoke , fire)
What I'm trying to do is render in batch mode so i can get a tga image sequence , it always works like a charm , but for some reason it's not !
as soon as i start the batch renderer a message in the log as follows :

MayaRenderLog

9/13/2017
Starting "C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Maya2016\bin\mayabatch.exe"
Cannot start maya
9/13/2017
Starting "C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Maya2016\bin\mayabatch.exe"
Cannot start maya

I tried uninstalling and now i have maya again , but still the problem persists

// Rendering with V-Ray... //
// Rendering Completed. See mayaRenderLog.txt for information. //

I'm confused and really getting frustration on my door :/
Please help
Cheers!

# 2 16-09-2017 , 06:29 PM
Super Moderator
What does the actual render log say? By default on Windows, its in your username/my documents/maya folder or your operating system's equivalent. You have Maya reinstalled Maya and the mayabatch.exe should be there but double check if it's at the specified path.

- Genny
# 3 18-09-2017 , 11:39 AM

What does the actual render log say? By default on Windows, its in your username/my documents/maya folder or your operating system's equivalent. You have Maya reinstalled Maya and the mayabatch.exe should be there but double check if it's at the specified path.

Hey !
Thanks for reaching out!
I dont fully understand what are refering or asking about but im going to answer with some efficient info

I have my maya installed in my operating system to be specific in program files , therefore the maya batch is in bin folder inside C:/programfiles/autodesk/maya2016/bin
Tell me if u need more info , but thats what im working on is fluid and vfx and for some reason I cant get batch rederer to roll out any tga animation sequences.

Cheers!
Mindblow

# 4 20-09-2017 , 10:35 PM
Super Moderator
Argh, miscommunication due to terrible use of pronouns on my part lol. A vanilla Maya install on Windows will keep a "mayaRenderLog.txt" at "C:\Users\Gen\Documents\maya". Upload it here. And yes, the mayabatch.exe is indeed found in the C:\Program Files\Autodesk\MayaVersion\bin folder by default so if its there, then we can cross off that possibility.

- Genny
# 5 25-09-2017 , 11:02 AM

Argh, miscommunication due to terrible use of pronouns on my part lol. A vanilla Maya install on Windows will keep a "mayaRenderLog.txt" at "C:\Users\Gen\Documents\maya". Upload it here. And yes, the mayabatch.exe is indeed found in the C:\Program Files\Autodesk\MayaVersion\bin folder by default so if its there, then we can cross off that possibility.

I did upload the log just now, I'm not really sure what might be causing the issue. it's the first time I work with fluids and vfx renders especially if it was tga sequences, what I always do is animation with tga images sequences and it always works fine with me.

Attached Files
File Type: txt mayaRenderLog.txt (147.3 KB, 298 views)
# 6 25-09-2017 , 10:20 PM
Please help me , I can't get any sequence renders. it's getting me frustrated!
i'll attach a new log , because i was testing on an older scene ( Done project + animated and finalized )

so something is not clear in my side user added image

Attached Files
File Type: txt mayaRenderLog.txt (147.7 KB, 299 views)
# 7 26-09-2017 , 09:07 PM
Horraaay !
I fixed the issue , 1 - reinstalled maya + vray and fixed some permissions with maya batch + firewall , used name#.ext with the tga sequence. played around with some layers.
The vray batch is up and running and again , my legacy shall be achieved
Thanks everyone for your replies and concern user added image