Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 17-09-2003 , 08:44 AM

how to?: make flexioned limbs autocollide

autocolliding muscle... dont you hate when you flex the arm/leg of a character to the point that the skin overlaps itself?

i saw a tut about it for xsi but now i cant find it, if anyone know where it is, or even better, how to fake it on maya...

the goal is for example to setup it in a way you have a normal relaxed bind pose and then you flex its leg until this pic...

maybe this thread is more of dynamics/cloth, but since i want it for character rig and setup...

Attached Images

Last edited by dragonfx; 17-09-2003 at 12:41 PM.
# 2 17-09-2003 , 12:51 PM
The Maya Mountain
Best bet would be blend shapes, I believe.

# 3 17-09-2003 , 03:29 PM
tnx... yep, yep... i know blendshapes are the way to go... but i saw it made dinamically... in realtime... drived just by bones and deformers without sculpting it further to make targets(drools)... they used a thingie that converted it to a kind of cloth but with "tension?"zones and unaffected by gravity... when the bones and deformers made the limb geometry to self collide it adopted the behaviour of flesh... its a shame i cant find the link now... it would be easyer to try to copy that behaviour with cloth...

Last edited by dragonfx; 17-09-2003 at 03:36 PM.