Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 14-06-2017 , 03:58 AM

Python/Mel - Specific UV transfer to a Rigged asset.

Hi there, I am totally a newb scriptor and the only stuff I learned was back in school where we wrote a simple if statement. This is something I do for my friends who have rigged assets, but I was wondering if there was a way to automate it.

If anyone is up for the challenge, and interested in helping check it out below.

Goal, transfer the UV's to the original shape node, from a duplicate.

The steps I take (and need to be taken):

1) select object A's "Orig" shape node, (in the hypergraph: hierarchy. And going to options and displaying hidden and shape nodes)
user added image

2) in the attribute editor under "Object Display" un-tick the "Intermediate Object" check box.
user added image

3) select object B's transform node, then object A's "Orig" shape node.
user added image

4) go to mesh > transfer attributes [] > use these settings.
user added image

5) deselect object B's transform node
6) select object A's "Orig" shape node, then edit > delete by type > history (NOT DELETE ALL BY TYPE)
7) select object A's "Orig" shape node, retick the "Intermediate Object" check box
8) print: "UV's transfered"

For anyone who helps, I greatly appreciate it user added image

Last edited by smiles3d; 14-06-2017 at 04:03 AM.
# 2 18-01-2019 , 04:33 AM