Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 10-04-2011 , 10:49 AM

Face Selection: highlights nearby faces

Hey, im new to maya and im following this tutorial.

Im extruding faces however there's this one part i cant seem to do and its giving me a headache.

each time i choose a face, the edges will be highlighted yellow and so will the nearby faces which are highlighted red. When i select one face and then transform its size, itll affect the whole surrounding areas including the red edged faces and i dont want this to happen user added image

how can i just transform the size of the face that i selected without having the nearby faces transforming along side it?

# 2 10-04-2011 , 10:55 AM
Look into the tool options and you will have soft selection enabled, you can turn it off in the options or hit the b key to toggle it on and off.

FX supervisor - double negative
# 3 10-04-2011 , 10:59 AM
that was a lot of help thank you user added image now i can continue my tutorial user added image