Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 23-09-2003 , 02:21 PM
The Maya Mountain

Finished Noobie Entries for September

Please post your final images and descriptions here. Now, remember, this challenge requires a number of things for the final.

1) Post all beauty shots of your finished, textured art assets seperately, and if you'd like, all put together. Remember, only screen shots!

2) Post TRIANGULATED wire frames, or, preferably, wire-on-shaded shots of your finished art assets with the PolyCount displayed in the HUD.

3) Post your texture maps in their full size.

4)Write a small description telling which concept you chose, what game genre you designed for, how many textures at what resolution, and polycount.

Remember, the #1 criteria in this challenge is following the rules. If any rules are broken or ignored, it would seriously dampen your chances to win this challenge, but on a more serious note, it would hamper your job had this been a real job assignment!

The #2 criteria is the artist's ability to capture the look and feel of the concepts. From there, the judging will take place.

No matter what, keep in mind that the ONLY real driving force behind this challenge was to prepare you for real-world requirements in a real job! I hope this challenge hasn't let you down. user added image

Good luck!

# 2 29-09-2003 , 08:49 PM
Subscriber

# 3 01-10-2003 , 04:31 AM
Subscriber
Sorry about all the scrolling but its a bit neccessary. I Chose the village concept, and it really feels most to me like an RPG (everquest or the like) style game. There are 14 different textures and about 7.5 x 512 by 512 image textures. Total 2,532 tiangulated polygons.

First of two images

Attached Thumbnails

"When you are born, you have a resposiblilty to program you're own mind, if you do not accept this responsiblilty, then the world will do it for you"
Aol Instant messenger: mrcoolbp2
# 4 01-10-2003 , 04:35 AM
Subscriber
and the textures

Attached Thumbnails

"When you are born, you have a resposiblilty to program you're own mind, if you do not accept this responsiblilty, then the world will do it for you"
Aol Instant messenger: mrcoolbp2
# 5 01-10-2003 , 06:42 AM
i wass planning on passing my environment entry but i think i wont have a chance cuase you guys are really really good at this

Concept: evil bot
Texture: 3x250 textures
Polycount: 2473

Attached Thumbnails

cyaah!!

Last edited by plugzplay; 01-10-2003 at 07:14 AM.