Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 1 08-08-2004 , 01:10 PM

Simply question?

user added image Y u choose MAYA?

:p V can do!
# 2 08-08-2004 , 01:13 PM
Subscriber
Why I choosed maya?
Well, because, I has the best and most user friendly interface (well, as far as I know), and it damn good 3d app, and i don't know, but I just find it out better then LW or especially 3ds max. But that's just me.

# 3 16-08-2004 , 07:18 PM
I chose maya as it was the only 3d software that gave me a comprehensive non-commercial version which has no time or usage restraints.

Maya rocks

Maya Rules

:rambo:
# 4 17-08-2004 , 09:51 AM
Maya is one of the best application ever made by human ( thats from my prespective )

i have used several 3d application but maya is the best among all the 3d application .. by the way .. Maya is an award winning Software beside it is the first choise of Holywood visual effect designers and film makers

beside the dependancy grapgh of Maya .. Maya is a very flexible application you can change every thing to your like

in Maya every thing is packed in one singale software

IF YOU CAN DO IT THEN MAYA CAN DO IT

Mr_Flamenco™( the Man Who Summoned By Mankind)
# 5 17-08-2004 , 12:29 PM
Subscriber
ditto what Mr_Flamenco said, plus it's the 3d software Rare Ltd. (www.rareware.com) uses which is my dream company. Reading about Maya in their Q & A section for their game level designers is how I first heard of Maya.

# 6 17-08-2004 , 10:44 PM
Technical Director
Hey havn't seen you around here much darkware. Anyway why choose maya? Simply put: Its the best.

Imagination is more important than knowledge.
# 7 17-08-2004 , 11:26 PM
Subscriber
"Hey havn't seen you around here much darkware."

Yes, it's been a while since I was last here. I'm just now getting back to this forum and a few others I used to be a regular at. College takes up lots o' time though along with my website.

# 8 17-08-2004 , 11:53 PM
Technical Director
Well good to have you back.

Imagination is more important than knowledge.
# 9 05-09-2004 , 10:27 PM
Why I chose Maya is simple: It's the only 3-D package that runs on newer versions of Linux.

# 10 05-09-2004 , 11:26 PM
Subscriber

Originally posted by Guitarman
Why I chose Maya is simple: It's the only 3-D package that runs on newer versions of Linux.

XSI...
i use maya becasue modo will let you save as .ma and Final render was announced, and they did some stuff with the trax editor for V6 and other animation tools and XSI essentials is still too expensive for me user added image ... so much headaches and pain in maya.
P.S. maya is not the "best out there"
and let's not start an app flame.
use what u like or what u can afford.

# 11 06-09-2004 , 05:29 AM
Subscriber
I'll say it loud and I'll say it proud. Maya is the best, for all the resons listed above.

Plus a larg user base. That makes a difrence in the amount of plug-in's, shaders and information avalible about it.

Not to mention I'v sean and heard to many horror storys about the scripting, api, and develiper kits for like xsi, and max. Maya gives you a good back bone to do anything. Others might have some new nifty toy but maya can do it also. This is still very much a industry that is exploring new frontears.. I want a APP that I know, use and have my assets invested in, that can be made to do what any of the other studios are doing and then some.

just my .02

however I'm very much in agreement its the artist and not the app in 95% of the cases. The question was asked so its fair game.

# 12 06-09-2004 , 02:58 PM
Subscriber
what other app have you used besides maya Pony?
and these are not reasons that are listed above.. they are opinions why they use maya. i think it's because they have never used anyonther 3d app for that matter. some things are painful to do in maya while they are relatively easy in other apps, and vice versa. but no app is "The Best" of them all.

# 13 06-09-2004 , 03:07 PM
Subscriber
well ive used Maya, 3DMAX, LW, and the lower end ones like C4D and Bryce. and i have to say m8. i too also think it is the "best". now altough every app has its strengths and weaknesses (which i do agree with you) Maya balances them out pretty damn good(a lot better than some of the others) . which is why i hold it so highly.

and i have to say i find MEL just gives the app such a boost in my op. there arnt many others (if any) that offer as much flexability.

just my 2p at the end of the day though. user added image

"Everybody loves a joker, But no one likes a fool"

Last edited by ciaran711; 06-09-2004 at 03:10 PM.
# 14 06-09-2004 , 05:23 PM
The Maya Mountain
Well, having to work with both Max and Maya at the office, I'd take Maya any day. While, true, there are a couple things that Max does that I like, the cons far outway the pros (once again, in my opinion). user added image

# 15 06-09-2004 , 07:06 PM
Subscriber
In my opinion Maya is more of a holywood tool, while Max is more of a game making tool user added image but I prefer Maya as its supposed to be the hardest to learn (or so I read), meaning that if you can use Maya you can do it all!

Watch Space Wars at www.3dden.co.uk now!

My pin number is XXXX