Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 14-01-2007 , 03:39 PM
Subscriber

Texturing the backfaces of plane shapes

Hello,
I am new to Maya and I've found this forum to be very helpful. I hope someone can help me solve my problem.

I'm animating a page turning in a book and the texture is showing up backwards on the backfaces of the shape (see attached). How can I map a texture to wrap around the front and back of a plane?

Thank you.

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 14-01-2007 , 03:48 PM

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 3 14-01-2007 , 03:52 PM
Subscriber
Wonderful help. Very kind of you. Thanks!

# 4 14-01-2007 , 03:57 PM
Subscriber
Gday,
Your scene's lookin' really good so far. Haven't checked out the link gster123 provided, but there's more info in a PDF file, double_sided_material.pdf by Aniquito.

There's also a tute on using some rigging to make the pages curl as they're turned (like they would when turned from one corner), it''s here.

Simon.

# 5 14-01-2007 , 04:05 PM
Subscriber
Thanks very much! I have been using that very tutorial for this scene. It's amazing how one tutorial can be so helpful for so many people. I'm glad people like you all exist. user added image You make the learning of such a difficult application much easier.

# 6 14-01-2007 , 05:03 PM
Subscriber
yeah i agree, the scene looks pretty cool...

haha finally found that link again, thanks simon... i wanted to do that tut for a long time but forgot what site it was on, thanks again.