Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 09-07-2007 , 07:05 AM

Maya Book

Hi everyone. I bet this has been done before but I really need help on finding a good Maya Book. Has to be with 8.5 though because most of the tutorials are for earlier versions of maya and as you all know 8.5 has moved a lot of things around which sucks for a newbie like myself.

If anyone could help me that would be spiffing. :p

Louis

Visit www.Notice-Board.co.nz for FREE online classifieds, notices and ads in your area!!
# 2 09-07-2007 , 05:30 PM
Subscriber
Autodesk's book from Jeff Unay for modeling and rigging.

Any of the Autodesk's Maya books are good.

Be ware of the none Autodesk brand books...they are not that good and a waste of money. I know, because I threw them out.

or get videos from digital-tutors.com, they r using Maya 8.5.

And the Advanced Shading and Lighting book.

Doesn't really matter, if it is 8.5 or not, the menu may be rearranged, but it is still Maya. And you can turn off the stupid 3D max display manipulators to speed up your modeling.

# 3 09-07-2007 , 09:02 PM
OK thanks. I have recently got this whole video package from Lynda.com and its using Maya 8. Its really good so I may not need to buy a book. But knowing me I probably will.

Thanks for your help,
Louis

Visit www.Notice-Board.co.nz for FREE online classifieds, notices and ads in your area!!
# 4 24-07-2007 , 02:18 PM
Subscriber
Hey tvholic:
What's this , can u pls explain?
"And you can turn off the stupid 3D max display manipulators to speed up your modeling.
"
Thanks.

# 5 25-07-2007 , 06:23 AM
Subscriber
I found the answer already njon.