Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 12-10-2011 , 10:44 AM

Some questions...

Hi there...

I need some help....

Is it possible to select a face of an object and the face of another and make them go parralel to each other...

Also is it possible to make a assembly type file that allows me to take several models and combine them...

i tried to do this using the import option but this does not update the individual models if i edit them in their file of origin...

also when i import the objects they are still seperate parts is there a way of importing them as a single part and if i update the files origin it will change that file in the assembly....

I used Autodesk Inventor for a long time in Highschool and was able to do all of these things, but can i do these in Maya 2011?

# 2 12-10-2011 , 11:51 AM
Super Moderator
I don't understand the first question. And as far as 'importing' models and having them update when the original file is edited, what you need is to 'reference' the file instead.

- Genny
# 3 12-10-2011 , 12:42 PM

I don't understand the first question. And as far as 'importing' models and having them update when the original file is edited, what you need is to 'reference' the file instead.

Thanks...

for the first one... in Inventor... i was able to select the faces of two seperate obgects and make one of them go parralel with the other face... i would use this if the face needs to be at an angle...

# 4 13-10-2011 , 09:45 AM
Super Moderator
From the fuzzy picture I'm drawing, you may be talking about the snap and align tools under the Modify menu, try those.

- Genny