Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 14-02-2008 , 04:39 PM

ramp shader

Hi all,

Im trying to create some eyes for a model using nurbs spheres and a phong material with a ramp shader.

When i render view them alone everything is fine, but when i import them to the file which contains the head they will be joined to, the eyeball part is gone and it is only the whites of the eyes is left (i.e. the majority colour in the ramp shader), any ideas?

Thanks

# 2 14-02-2008 , 08:43 PM
Lifetime Member
a couple of things to try , 1) adjusting the ramp size of each colour until you can see all the colours. 2) change the ramp direction from a V ramp to a U ramp or vice versa depending on your geometry.

2 x Modeling Challenge Winner
# 3 16-02-2008 , 08:17 PM
I've played around with it a bit but i really don't see why it is happening everything is fine until i export or import. It happens even if its not connected to the other geometry in any way. My model is gunna look kinda dumb with just white eyes.

Hey that gives me an idea, i'll make it look like Raiden from Mortal Kombat if all else fails!