Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 1 03-04-2003 , 08:32 AM
Subscriber

Ferrari Enzo

Hi everyone
Umm I wast wondering if any of any of you could set up the image planes for me. No matter how many times i try i cant get them to match. I would greatly appreciate any help or general advice.

If you are the awesome person who would like to help me please goto
https://www.onnovanbraam.com/index.ph...ars&id=ferrari and then click on Ferrari F60 / FX / Enzo

Thanks everyone

P.S if you would like to monitor my progress this is the thread.

# 2 03-04-2003 , 08:51 AM
Subscriber

MSN: mizin_alex@hotmail.com
E-MAIL: mizina@alphalink.com.au
# 3 03-04-2003 , 04:07 PM
Subscriber
Hey! I am quite busy at the moment and doing lots of work that just cant be put off. If you wait until tonight i will do the image planes for ya in maya (4.5) and then put the file either on sm or on my website and link it through here. Thats if i get the time. This will be in around 6-8 hours from now.. if you can wait, then im happy to do it for ya... if you cant wait then heres some advice

Get your planes (top, front, side) and get the images on them, make sure they are all facing the right way. Now with the move tool try to adjust the top and the side to match at the ends. If they are off, then scale the bigger one down a tad to make it right on. If its a total porpotion problem, you may have to stretch the image to fit, if your willing to do that (it wont make a huge difference). Then align the front, or back image the same way. Notify me please if you did it correctly, if you do then i wont try it user added image. Ok, cya later.

BTW, you live in australia hey? Ok, well your probably almost going into bed there, so tommorow morning, it should be up.. or close to then

"I should call you sugar maple tree cause i'd totally tap that" haha

email - mattwettstein@gmail.com
# 4 03-04-2003 , 09:12 PM
Hey, well i am not good at it, so i am not here to help u, i am here just to say thx for the link, it's very helpful!!

# 5 04-04-2003 , 03:38 AM
Subscriber
Alright, hey man. I just whipped it up and it has Front, Back, Side and Top views all aligned properly. They are put into a layer called refrence, and turned on so you cannot select them. This is the project folder. So unzip this into your projects directory. It should work as soon as you open the file through maya thats in the "scenes" folder in that project user added image. Below is the link to the car on my server, let me know once you have it so i can take it off.. thanks.

https://www.gohtel.com/car.zip

# 6 04-04-2003 , 03:46 AM
wow your nice....

# 7 04-04-2003 , 07:12 AM
Subscriber
Hah, well twisteddragon. Im not exceptionally good so i cannot help everyone here, when i come across something i think i can do, i love to help user added image. Thanks user added image, btw.. its nice to see you around the board so much.. i think we will be able to state that we have another commoner user added image.

# 8 04-04-2003 , 08:39 AM
Subscriber
Hi aldudeau,

I will try to see if I get some time during today to do it, otherwise tommorow... It's my wifes birthday today... user added image

the techniq with imagesplanes I have learned and using, and worked a bit further with is one I learned from a VideoTutorial on 3d-palace with the Jaguar thingie in Maya... unfortunately it doesn't seem to be "free" anymore...

I will work on a visual tutorial for imageplane setup as I use it... maybe today or tommorrow... user added image

regards

Strarup

------------------------------------------------
Alex V. U. Strarup

One mistake can ruin it all...
# 9 04-04-2003 , 04:26 PM
Subscriber
Hey strarup, you dont have to.. i have already done it user added image. Read around 3 posts up. The link is there. Just want to save you some time.. heh. Cya.

# 10 05-04-2003 , 01:49 AM
Subscriber
thanks everyone
sorry i haven't replied but schoolwork is really heavy this time of year. Thanks every one. M you rock!! startup hope you had a nice party and thanks for offering to help.
Pics on my progress coming soon

# 11 05-04-2003 , 01:56 AM
Subscriber
Hey startup. i would still love your tutorial and in would be great if you made your version of planes. i am just curious.

Thanks

# 12 05-04-2003 , 08:59 AM
Subscriber

update

Here is a little update!
i just started
i would love any c&c

# 13 05-04-2003 , 09:08 AM
Subscriber

update

Here is a little update!
i just started
i would love any c&c

# 14 06-04-2003 , 03:28 AM
Subscriber
oh by the way cars are for my game.
there will be 3. Subaru, Mazda and Alfa Romeo. i am doing this little project to find which industry i like more. Programming or CG. i di them in no order. so i might have a few cars going at once here

C ya

# 15 06-04-2003 , 05:39 AM
you should make a mclaren F1... come on they are greatuser added image