Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 16-05-2019 , 06:55 AM

How do i animate a character with nparticle soft body?

Hi im new here. I have been having this problem, i have a fully rigged character with face expressions, and i applied soft body in the nparticle dynamics tab, and i have painted skin weights on it. However the character wont move unless i hit the play or interactive play.

This makes animation almost impossible unlesss i animate then apply the soft body later, which means i have to paint weights again. The vertices seems to be locked in simulation, how do i turn it off so i can animate the character in the viewport, and then turn if back on so that it will be influenced by the timeline again?

Btw if this cant be done, is there an alternative?