Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 10-10-2005 , 04:15 PM
Subscriber

C20-A Assault Rifle

I was checking out StarCraft Ghost over at Blizzard.com a while back, and I stumbled upon a concept drawing of this rifle, and decided that I wanted to try and model it. Got started two weeks ago, and have been working on and off on it in my spare time. I was hoping that I'd finished it this weekend, but some of my friends had other plans ( user added image ) user added image

It's partially NURBS (barrel), sub-d's (all other smoothed surfaces) and polys (hard edged parts). I'm kinda stuck ATM though, as I have a bit of trouble figuring out how the shape of the main body(?) of the rifle should look like, so any suggestions are welcome user added image

Here's the reference:
user added image

And here's a render of what I have so far

Attached Thumbnails

Liter is French for 'Gimme some ****ing cola before I break vous ****ing lips!"
# 2 10-10-2005 , 05:48 PM
Lead Modeler - Framestore
Hey Blomkaal

Thats a cool rifle design. As for the body Id just carry on with what you have so far, its going the right direction.

Jay

# 3 11-10-2005 , 06:00 PM
Subscriber
Jay,

Thanks man, at least I still have the scope to work on and some details to add to the barrell, so I can postpone the body off a little more user added image
Yeah I fell in love the design when I saw it, so I just had to model it! user added image

Liter is French for 'Gimme some ****ing cola before I break vous ****ing lips!"