Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 01-01-2003 , 05:56 AM

New to Maya - Create Movie

I've got the animation setup all nice and neat, but I can't seem to figure out how to actually make a movie out of the animation user added image I know this is a silly question, but I figured you guys know best!

Thanks

Rob

# 2 01-01-2003 , 06:41 AM
Go to the Render Globals and change the image format to AVI. If you have a camera in the scene set to that camera.

If you wanna change the movie size open the Resolution tab and open the Anti-aliasing Quality tab if you wanna change the movie quality.

Close render globals

Then go to the Render mode and Render-->Batch Render.

Yeah, but no but yeah but no....
# 3 01-01-2003 , 06:50 AM
The Maya Mountain
just a warning though... in my experience, rendering straight to avi hasn't had good quality. Usually find best quality by rendering image sequance and converting to avi or whatever in a seperate program.

# 4 01-01-2003 , 07:36 AM
Are any recommended image joining programs out there? And what format gives the best resolution? BMP? I'm guessing the lower the quiality/higher compression would yield a faster full join, vs a high resolution slow join. where is the best point of balance of speed/quality?

Thanks in advance

Rob

# 5 01-01-2003 , 12:24 PM
SM Alumni
.iff and .tga are the formats I tend to use. both have decent ish compression and can store alpha channels. BMP is pretty bad for compression and also has no alpha channel.
for image joining programs I guess there must be freeware apps that'll do it.. try having a look on www.highend3d.com in the tools section. apps like after effects and premiere can do it, but theyre far from being free user added image