Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 01-04-2010 , 06:31 AM
Acid44

King Lol

# 2 01-04-2010 , 07:23 AM
ha-ha-ha-haaaaa ho-ho-ho-hoooo
aieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

I had to watch it three times! NOT!

"If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." Sir Isaac Newton, 1675

Last edited by ctbram; 01-04-2010 at 10:12 PM.
# 3 02-04-2010 , 09:19 AM
Subscriber
...i don't get it...

that's a "Ch" pronounced as a "K"

Computer skills I should have:
Objective C, C#, Java, MEL. Python, C++, XML, JavaScript, XSLT, HTML, SQL, CSS, FXScript, Clips, SOAR, ActionScript, OpenGL, DirectX
Maya, XSI, Photoshop, AfterEffects, Motion, Illustrator, Flash, Swift3D
# 4 02-04-2010 , 09:42 AM
Level 32 pachyderm

Originally posted by Chirone
...i don't get it...

That's exactly what I thought

# 5 02-04-2010 , 10:18 AM
I was confounded at first as well.

But I think the idea is that it's so BAD, that it's funny! In fact it's almost painful to watch.

I mean he is singing "ho-ho-ho-ho ha-ha-ha" and they actually subtitle exactly what he is singing! Like what is the freakin point of that?

Not to mention that the makeup on his face is so thick it looks like he is a singing manikin.

"If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." Sir Isaac Newton, 1675

Last edited by ctbram; 02-04-2010 at 10:27 AM.
# 6 02-04-2010 , 11:36 AM
Level 32 pachyderm

Originally posted by ctbram
I was confounded at first as well.

But I think the idea is that it's so BAD, that it's funny! In fact it's almost painful to watch.

I mean he is singing "ho-ho-ho-ho ha-ha-ha" and they actually subtitle exactly what he is singing! Like what is the freakin point of that?

Not to mention that the makeup on his face is so thick it looks like he is a singing manikin.

Nope, some research has shown that it aired in Russia in 1966 and was supposed to be serious. The song had lyrics but at the last minute they decided to scrap them because they were terrible. But in the last few months it has become an internet meme and the guy that sung it is wondering if everyone is taking the mick out of him

# 7 02-04-2010 , 11:56 AM

Originally posted by elephantinc
Nope, some research has shown that it aired in Russia in 1966 and was supposed to be serious. The song had lyrics but at the last minute they decided to scrap them because they were terrible. But in the last few months it has become an internet meme and the guy that sung it is wondering if everyone is taking the mick out of him

Exactly my point! "It was supposed to be serious" and that makes it even more funny!

Exactly my point as well ... "The song had lyrics that were so bad that they replaced them" with ho-ho-ho, ha-ha-ha, and then went a step farther and subtitled the exact words! Like when you hear ho-ho-ho and ha-ha-ha you have to have subtext to understand it. That is funny!

I apologize if I don't understand British slang but what the heck is a "internet meme" and what does "taking the mick out of him" mean?

Some of the comments on the youtube page are funny as well...

"Excellent suicide bomber chant!" user added image

Last edited by ctbram; 02-04-2010 at 12:05 PM.
# 8 02-04-2010 , 12:34 PM
Level 32 pachyderm

Originally posted by ctbram
Exactly my point! "It was supposed to be serious" and that makes it even more funny!

Exactly my point as well ... "The song had lyrics that were so bad that they replaced them" with ho-ho-ho, ha-ha-ha, and then went a step farther and subtitled the exact words! Like when you hear ho-ho-ho and ha-ha-ha you have to have subtext to understand it. That is funny!

I apologize if I don't understand British slang but what the heck is a "internet meme" and what does "taking the mick out of him" mean?

Some of the comments on the youtube page are funny as well...

"Excellent suicide bomber chant!" user added image

The subtitles weren't there originally, a youtuber added them.
An internet meme is something that reaches great popularity through the internet and usually seems pretty strange to 'the outside people', such as rick rolling, "all your base are belong to us" etc. It's not British slang, just from the interwebs.

Taking the mick is though. It's short for taking the mickey. Which in turn is short for the cocky rhyming slang "taking the mickey bliss", which is an attempt to de-vulgerise "taking the P!55".
Taking the mick/mickey/mickey bliss/p!55 out of someone means to make fun of....

# 9 02-04-2010 , 06:07 PM
Acid44
Screw you guys, I find it freaking hilarious >_>

Seriously though, elephantman has it right :p, it was supposed to be serious when he made it, but now it's just so terrible that it's funny and it's become a new meme

# 10 03-04-2010 , 02:09 AM
Subscriber
y favorite part..
lolololololololololol
skip frame to the next set of sub's
LOL!

...thro8ugh the rest of it i was ready to slit my own wrists to end the misery....but i saw that and for some reason it ....tickled me.

G-man

Follow My Business
On The Web!
Or
On Facebook!
# 11 04-04-2010 , 09:30 AM
Subscriber

Originally posted by acid44
Screw you guys, I find it freaking hilarious >_>

hahaha, no hard feelings though eh? :p

well.. .when someone starts referencing him i'll know what they are talking about this time!

that's a "Ch" pronounced as a "K"

Computer skills I should have:
Objective C, C#, Java, MEL. Python, C++, XML, JavaScript, XSLT, HTML, SQL, CSS, FXScript, Clips, SOAR, ActionScript, OpenGL, DirectX
Maya, XSI, Photoshop, AfterEffects, Motion, Illustrator, Flash, Swift3D