Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 15-10-2010 , 08:49 PM

Wentworth Miller/Michael Scofield WIP

Hey fellow 3d artists. This is a little something i did on the side. I am now thinking of modelling the whole body with full tattoos. If any of you have seen Prison Break season 1 then you know what i am talking about!

I would just like some feedback on this to know if its worth me putting in the effort if the head model is really bad..hehe..

Thanks!

user added image

# 2 15-10-2010 , 08:50 PM
SM Tea Boy
Looks like a good start to me needs tweaking but I'd continue with it.

Dave user added image

From a readers' Q and A column in TV GUIDE: "If we get involved in a nuclear war, would the electromagnetic pulses from exploding bombs damage my videotapes?"
# 3 15-10-2010 , 08:53 PM
i know the model doesnt look exactly like him but i cant quite figure out why! any areas for improvement or changes i could make?

# 4 15-10-2010 , 08:58 PM
Subscriber
1) ears - yours don`t stick out enough
2) forehead is too short
3) chin is too narrow and too long

but I think you have the noise,mouth and the eyes spot on

great job for a low poly model

# 5 15-10-2010 , 09:04 PM
Thanks!

In terms of poly count i have it inbuilt into my brain since i was in education to make things look as good as possible with as little polys as possible! but i guess now technology can handle more polys so will try addings a few more in! glad you think the tapology is correct overall so atleast i'm getting the basics correct

thanks again!

# 6 16-10-2010 , 12:17 PM
i totally didnt realise there was a Prison Break game out!! and found this image...D'OH!!

user added image

i'l still try to finish MY OWN version as i want to test my texturing ability to try and get the tatoos to match up! gonna be HARRDD!!!

There are NO SEAMS around the shoulders, so anyone know how they must have unwrapped the mesh to allow that? or just alot of hard work lining things up in photoshop?!

if anyone has any ideas it could help me ALOT in the development of my character.

thanks!