Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 30-01-2004 , 05:47 PM

First-Time needs help!!

Ok, I am very interested in begining to learn Maya, for fun or for a career. I know that Alias Wavefront has trial versions and such, but I am unsure of which one to get, because I have seen a couple, I think. What do I download, and will it work in OS X? Thank you!
-Nick

# 2 30-01-2004 , 06:18 PM
The Maya Mountain
Maya PLE.

I think they have Mac versions. Not sure.

# 3 30-01-2004 , 06:51 PM
Subscriber
Have a look in your newsagents as lots of magazines have it on CD at the moment. I'm fairly sure it includes a MAC version on this months 3dworld (or atleast i think it was 3dworld, so check computer arts and digit.)

# 4 30-01-2004 , 06:55 PM
Subscriber
When you've got it i'd recomend checking the video tutorials here as they are great at giving newbies like us a head start and if you get stuck most people here will try to help.

You might get a few comments about the water mark from people who obviously have far too much money, don't listen to them and only buy a full version when you feel you need it.

# 5 03-02-2004 , 07:23 PM
I have maya ple and its verry good to learn with in my opinion

Imagination will always lead to knowledge, while knowledge may not necessarily bring fourth imagination.