Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 18-06-2008 , 10:11 PM

paris_Scene

I saw some great photos online of paris and i loved the architecture so with this inspiration this model was started, i want to put heaps and heaps of detail into it little items here and their i was also thinking of i sign hanging to the left of camera anywayz their is stsill a lot to do and laying out the uv's will be a dunting task but hey heres what i got c&c is always welcomed and encouraged

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 18-06-2008 , 10:14 PM
more images

Attached Thumbnails
# 3 18-06-2008 , 10:20 PM
m

Attached Thumbnails
# 4 18-06-2008 , 10:36 PM
Lifetime Member
OH yes now we are talking, a great start to what could be a really asthetic piece.
I'm not sure the scrolls under the porch fit that well, they look a little overlarge and simplified compared to the rest of the scene detail.
I will be watching this with interest.

2 x Modeling Challenge Winner
# 5 18-06-2008 , 11:16 PM
thanks heaps

jsprogg:
always helps early on when you know your going down the right track i might have another look at the scrools in the door way (they are the one ur talking about tright the ones which are part of the door?) anywayz thanks heaps i really appreciate it

# 6 18-06-2008 , 11:20 PM
Lifetime Member
Yes the ones over the door are what I was refering to, just my opinion of course.

2 x Modeling Challenge Winner
# 7 18-06-2008 , 11:30 PM
i think i will change them as i want to stay with the same region and time era of course to keep the continuity of the piece so all that iron work should all be similar of course. Thanx for that

# 8 19-06-2008 , 12:01 AM
Lead Modeler - Framestore
ahh excellent work, now that is good stuff!!

Can I ask you to post your Paris links in the Resources Lounge under architecture, that would be a help to the site!

will be keeping a watch on this one

cheers
Jay

# 9 19-06-2008 , 02:30 AM
Subscriber
very nice stuff here....love it..

Toyota Supra WIP

I create feeling in others that they themseleves don’t understand.
# 10 19-06-2008 , 02:55 AM
Yes, very classical. nice and really good work.

user added image

# 11 19-06-2008 , 05:51 AM
yep - this is very nice mate so far - looking forward to seeing how this progresses. if you don't have some already - try and find some images of the art nouveau paris subway entrances - very cool. user added image

# 12 19-06-2008 , 07:22 AM
looking good, keeping an eye on this one

# 13 19-06-2008 , 09:36 AM
thanks heaps guys loving the enthusiasm towards this piece.

Jay: deffinately i didnt know there was a post to that but ill get right on it

arran: art nouveau paris subway entrances thanks heaps i am still going to create one more building to create a full scne and i was running a tad short of reference you can only search so many times for "paris streets" lol thanks heaps

once again thanks heaps for the crits does mean a lot

# 14 19-06-2008 , 12:13 PM
alrighty i have set this image up to find out where my camera will be placed and what not and the overall composition of the scene i am going to model two more buildings too replace the duplicated ones and i will also be including street signs, lights etc. and i will also be changing the scrolls under the balcony over i have found a more suitable replacement.
p.s (sorry about the size but i wanted you to see a full size mock-up of the final shot)

Attached Thumbnails
# 15 23-06-2008 , 03:30 AM
Subscriber
I really like the style of your scene. The initial pieces were amazing, but the compound scene seems very repetitive. Often in architecture you may see the same windows for instance, but they are staggered in height on the building. I think you need to mix some of the stuff up so it isn't so repetitive.

Your building blocks look great!