Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 04-05-2003 , 05:56 PM

Police Lights

Anyone know how to achieve the look of Police lights? Not just the on/off lights, I mean the turning, flashing lights.

user added image

Dave Baer
Professor of Digital Arts
Digital Media Arts College
Boca Raton, Florida
dbaer@dmac.edu
# 2 05-05-2003 , 11:35 AM
Subscriber
for the flashing you could key the glow atribute of the shader so at frame 1 its .5 then at frame 10 its 0 then . 5 at 20 - go to the graph editor and select curves-> post infinity so it repeats the cycle
--
for the turning you could key one rotation of the light then go to the graph editor and select post inifinity again
-
hope thats what you need

Thanks for wasting your time reading this line.
# 3 05-05-2003 , 03:29 PM
mmmm... not quite, but close. I'll put that to use though and see what I come up with.

Looking back on this I can see it's a really simple task. Im sure with a little time I can get the right look. Only problem is, I dont have a lot of time as this is something I need for my thesis project, so Im looking for the most direct way to do it.

For those who are big 'COPS' fans or anyone who just has a fascination for those red and blue lights, you know what Im looking for.

user added image

Dave Baer
Professor of Digital Arts
Digital Media Arts College
Boca Raton, Florida
dbaer@dmac.edu