Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 1 17-11-2006 , 04:57 PM

Alpha channels sorting problem

Hi,
I'm trying to make hair by using planes and assigning them with a TIFF texture, however the sorting of these come out in very weird ways, displaying planes that are actually behind other planes appear in front of them.
I've searched this and several other forums for answers but haven't come up with anything.

user added image

Could someone please explain to me how to make it so that everything appears in a correct order?
Please keep in mind that i am very new to Maya and 3D in general; this is my third model, so please explain as detailed as you can. Thanks

# 2 17-11-2006 , 06:36 PM
i always have the same problem too... i dont have the answer, if anyone knows please reply

-Andy

Environment Artist @ Plastic Piranha
www.joopson.com
# 3 23-11-2006 , 05:31 AM
# 4 23-11-2006 , 08:32 AM
who ever posted that last comment is gonna get banned soon

Environment Artist @ Plastic Piranha
www.joopson.com
# 5 23-11-2006 , 08:42 AM
Subscriber
lol -

ne way

can u explain a little more the prob ur having
have u tried jpeg and then another jpeg for trans
or a traga
just to see if this happens also

Now at SMU doing BSc 3D Computer Animation so its hard to get on here
My wire render tut https://forum.simplymaya.com/showthre...threadid=20973
# 6 02-12-2006 , 06:36 PM
you should check to see if you map works fine on a object that has not been combined. I'm hving a similar problem, but my map works fine on a new object, but will screw up if it combined with another one.:headbang: