Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 1 15-03-2008 , 10:47 AM

Good FPS software ??

Well I am not good at maya I mean I'm okay I know rigging,texturing,dynamics,modeling and so on and thought that maybe I could run a easish to use FPS kit to get something somewhat fun together you know like a little project. My shortfall is coding I know nothing :headbang: Maybe If I could find an engine where coding is not needed or is emplemented but can snipets can be added for more complex actions. So realizing my first try will be crapola what would you reccomend for a free sorta easy to use FPS engine or kit ?

Last edited by jm82792; 15-03-2008 at 10:49 AM.
# 2 15-03-2008 , 05:15 PM
Senior Software Developer
Every Engine I have come across, requires some type of coding whether it be C++, C# or its own scritping language. Th only way to get assets to interact with a Game Engine is the programming language.

I am not sure about FPS creator, as its designed as a fun tool to play with to create a very standard FPS.

I recommend looking into it more and askin around the Game Dev forums for advise.

Chris (formerly R@nSiD)
Twitter
When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will truely know peace - Jimmy Hendrix
Winner SM VFX Challenge 1
3rd Place SM SteamPunk Challenge (May 2007)
# 3 15-03-2008 , 09:48 PM
Alright well I may jsut code for interaction for the game engine what I don't want is a really "canned" and waste my time. I know a guy at my church who codes in various languages for logging machinery and machines in the plywood mill he said I could borrow some books that may be my best option.
So I'll look intoit and see if this is worth my time user added image

# 4 15-03-2008 , 11:43 PM
Senior Software Developer
If you are going to learn anything, then its always worth your time :attn:

Chris (formerly R@nSiD)
Twitter
When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will truely know peace - Jimmy Hendrix
Winner SM VFX Challenge 1
3rd Place SM SteamPunk Challenge (May 2007)
# 5 16-03-2008 , 01:46 AM
I know what you mean but I could learn then feel ripped off sorta it depends on how hard it is for coding user added image
Like how much time and the reward and so on I'd hate to spend 10 or 20 hours into learnign coding then find out that it is very hard or something around there.

# 6 16-03-2008 , 06:05 AM
As Zbrushiac sounds stupid!
Well your not going to learn how to make a game in 10-20 hours..... Sorry but it's just not going to happen!

Your best (if your not interested in investing the time to learn programming) to try and find a free game engine, and source code, and then implement your own content, and maybe small snippets of code into that. (as you learn)

anyway, good luck!

www.stevenegan-cgi.com

"Your weapons are no match for ours! People of Mars, surrender!"
"Um, this isn't Mars. This is Earth."
"Earth? Earth-with-nuclear-weapons Earth?"
"Yes."
[long pause] "Friend!!"