Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 02-09-2005 , 08:21 PM

vertices

I searched the forums and couldn't find the answer, so here goes. When I merge vertex on two verticies ( I can't spell) they don't merge. it says in the channel box poly vert merge 01 or something like that but they are two seperate verticies. Any info in most welcome

# 2 02-09-2005 , 08:51 PM
Location: Where do u think I am right now? Alright, I'll tell y' all... I'm at Gnomon Workshop and Highend3d sites...Hehehehe...just kiddin':)!!!!Oh, I'm not a ego member anymore? Cool!!!! I'm a Senior Member now!!!!
Go to Edit Polygons>Merge Vertices and cllick on the options box. There, change the distance to something real big.

Anyone here plays Tibia?

Add me to your MSN list

Tibia is the best MMORPG that i've ever seen...xD
# 3 02-09-2005 , 08:54 PM
I had this problem too... aparently if 2 verticies are overlapped (snap-to-vertex) the only way you can select both vertices is if you drag-select them.

However, if your vertexes are NOT occupying the same 3d space... click on the little box beside "merge vertex" -- there there's a slider.

Basically what the slider does is says "I will ONLY merge vertexes under this distance away from each other" ... move it up to a rediculous number (30,000?) and it should work for whatever 2 vertexes you choose... unless they happen to be more than 30,000 maya units away, in which case move it higher (or scale down your model :p)

# 4 06-09-2005 , 07:12 PM
thnx