Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 16 30-03-2011 , 10:02 AM
Lifetime Member
To be fair...big choz is in the newbie lounge...and stwert you are doing a sterling job as usual...but I think big choz you could google/research a little too mate...I also have asked a lot of questions but I have also worn out my keyboard googling..so I think what dom meant without offence, is to try and experiment off your own bat mate is all...so lets get back to the fun and have a beer and get into it

cheers bullet

bullet1968

"A Darkness at Sethanon", a book I aspire to model some of the charcters and scenes
# 17 10-05-2011 , 07:34 PM
how to render in mental ray with a turntable?

# 18 10-05-2011 , 07:46 PM
EduSciVis-er

Last edited by stwert; 10-05-2011 at 07:52 PM.
# 19 10-05-2011 , 09:30 PM
Subscriber
To flesh out dom's first post...

i think it's bad manner to make a thread that has no subject in the title.
i realize that people probably don't know what it is they want to ask and so they make a thread with "NEED HELP", "NEED ADVICE", "HLP FST PLZ", and "IM NOOB, HLP ME NW" but really that's not a good way to start or end your question by trying to rush for replies and answers. A vague title like "rendering query" would be more useful, not only for the people who can answer the question but other people who are seeking related advice.

i'm not picking on you specifically Big Choz, a lot of people do it and i perceive it as being rude being you won't get help any faster by shouting at people. I know this probably isn't the intention but it does come across that way.

that's a "Ch" pronounced as a "K"

Computer skills I should have:
Objective C, C#, Java, MEL. Python, C++, XML, JavaScript, XSLT, HTML, SQL, CSS, FXScript, Clips, SOAR, ActionScript, OpenGL, DirectX
Maya, XSI, Photoshop, AfterEffects, Motion, Illustrator, Flash, Swift3D
# 20 10-05-2011 , 09:35 PM
EduSciVis-er
I think this is a bit of an older thread, bumped by someone else's question... I just don't think this needs to get revisited at the moment.

# 21 12-05-2011 , 03:06 AM
Ok ..Thanks for the info i will try to be more formal in the future ....

# 22 12-05-2011 , 03:08 AM
Thanks for the info ...I understand and will do that...

# 23 12-05-2011 , 07:14 AM
The Nurb Herd
another way to do a turntable would be to use a camera an aim and a circle as a motion path. This is quite cool because all you have to do is scale and move the circle to change the turntable.
another way would be to use the turntable button. just set up the camera view and select the top group of the object. i think the button in the animate menu.