Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 1 28-11-2006 , 09:14 PM

hey! (question)

het im new here, and I really like maya, even though I'm not an expert or a casual modeler.

my question is, how do you use the things you model here?

Last edited by Alphalink; 28-11-2006 at 09:22 PM.
# 2 29-11-2006 , 05:39 AM
Define your question please.

Do you mean how you animate it? How you render it? How you modell it? Or how you put them into games/mods?

# 3 29-11-2006 , 06:39 AM
Senior Software Developer

Re: hey! (question)

Originally posted by Alphalink
my question is, how do you use the things you model here?

I am presuming you are interested to know if anything we show here is used in production.

Short answer is no really. The models, scenes, characters or general work shown here is used in personal projects, demo reels, CV's, gallerys etc... Anyone in the community who works in the industry would not be allowed to show that particular item they are working on due to a small think called a non disclosure agreement. Legal stuff that stop someone talking about something, someone doesn't want anyone to know about... Simple.

Most folk here (i think) are looking to head for a career in 3D, if not doing that already, or doing this as a hobby. The community exists thanks to the efforts of the Moderators and it's members and the love of 3D art and the efforts others and yourself put into your work to show it off.

Good Luck in your persuits.

Chris (formerly R@nSiD)
Twitter
When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will truely know peace - Jimmy Hendrix
Winner SM VFX Challenge 1
3rd Place SM SteamPunk Challenge (May 2007)
# 4 29-11-2006 , 05:37 PM

Re: Re: hey! (question)

Originally posted by R@nSiD
I am presuming you are interested to know if anything we show here is used in production.

Short answer is no really. The models, scenes, characters or general work shown here is used in personal projects, demo reels, CV's, gallerys etc... Anyone in the community who works in the industry would not be allowed to show that particular item they are working on due to a small think called a non disclosure agreement. Legal stuff that stop someone talking about something, someone doesn't want anyone to know about... Simple.

Most folk here (i think) are looking to head for a career in 3D, if not doing that already, or doing this as a hobby. The community exists thanks to the efforts of the Moderators and it's members and the love of 3D art and the efforts others and yourself put into your work to show it off.

Good Luck in your persuits.

thats was exactly my question. I wanna work on teh VG industry, so im starting now

thanks for the great answer

# 5 29-11-2006 , 05:43 PM
Think big start small, this might be a good advice if you arent experienced.(like me) I recomend that you keep on training until you feel confident enough to create yourself a demo reel and a portfolio. Or if you're young (Which I presume you are using words like "teh" *shivers*) go to a school for 3d. user added image

And before heading out to the world of dollars I recommend that you also learn Zbrush and some nice renderer like brazil/vray.

# 6 29-11-2006 , 05:53 PM
nah, ive always written "the" like "teh" cause of how fast I write, but im not that young, im graduating High school soon

# 7 29-11-2006 , 05:57 PM
I dont know how it is in your country but in Sweden it is after you graduate from High school that you can specialize in for example 3d. So presuming that you are around 14-18(Wikipedia for the win) I still recomend an education for you. (I'm 18 now and I'm heading for school as soon as I've had a one year break) user added image