Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 25-09-2002 , 02:20 AM
Subscriber

Hypershade Problems

Odd, I never had problems before, but lately my hypershade window isn't popping up when I open it. All the other windows open up when I click on it, so its not anything particularly due to my computer... maybe its just me, has anyone ever had similar problems?

# 2 25-09-2002 , 03:08 AM
Kind of extreme, but have you tried deleting your prefs file, and see if that helps any?

I had that problem a while back, and I just deleted my prefs, and it worked ever sinceuser added image

Just an idea.

Israel "Izzy" Long
Motion and Title Design for Broadcast-Film-DS
izzylong.com
# 3 25-09-2002 , 08:47 AM
I had a problem with it, Whenever i would try to open the HyperShade it would crash the system (no questions asked) and I tried lot´s of stuff (including delete prefs) know what I had to do?

I formatted the comp, and didn´t install all the special packs (only the second which came with the disk) nor security patches, turns out one of them in some weird way was interfering with Maya.

That was my experience.

# 4 25-09-2002 , 11:39 AM

Originally posted by ragecgi
Kind of extreme, but have you tried deleting your prefs file, and see if that helps any?

I had that problem a while back, and I just deleted my prefs, and it worked ever sinceuser added image

Just an idea.

I hade same prob with Outliner and Attribute Edotor too.
Where is the pref file?
Is it in My Documents?

I love mechanical thing.
# 5 25-09-2002 , 07:13 PM
Subscriber
Thanx for the advice guys, I actually ended up deleting the Prefs folder and everything worked fine. But my Maya is running a bit slower than usual, I think it is time to reformat and start fresh, or just go shopping and build my new computer. Thanx again.

# 6 25-09-2002 , 08:22 PM
No problem!

Israel "Izzy" Long
Motion and Title Design for Broadcast-Film-DS
izzylong.com