Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 21-08-2005 , 06:13 PM
Subscriber

Male Runner

Still not even finished but i did this model the sametime I was working on my lioness. I didn't push this one as much as I wanted to because my focus was on my lion.

I still have to polish up the muscles more and maybe a few more things. Overall it's coming along.

Tell me what you guys think!

Thanks

user added image

https://img288.imageshack.us/img288/5458/27td.jpg

user added image

user added image

user added image

user added image

# 2 21-08-2005 , 09:25 PM
that is looking fiiiiiiiiiiine, keep it up, i loved your lioness too!:attn:

# 3 21-08-2005 , 10:44 PM
Subscriber
how do you get so good at this , looks really good by the way , gj

# 4 22-08-2005 , 08:58 PM
Subscriber
Thanks for the feedback. Well, I didn't become good overnight. It has taken time and making models after models to get to this stage. Although I continue to improve on ways to built as well as speed. The lioness took me at most one weeks worth if not less and same with the male.

It take alot of practice and learning from your mistakes.

thanks,

Marco

# 5 22-08-2005 , 09:25 PM
Subscriber
you got a msn mate , i would just like to see what other things you can make , dont worry i wont bug you about what things do what in maya becuase i have bin doing it for 4 months so i know what is what user added image pm me if you do have a msn

# 6 23-08-2005 , 04:12 PM
Subscriber
I don't use instant messaging anymore because to me it becomes a big distraction when modeling or anything else. Sorry, but i do always check emails if you wish to email me whenever.

# 7 24-08-2005 , 05:20 PM
Subscriber
Im amazed at this model, Im relativley new to Maya and the muscle tone that you have in the arms and the detail of the hands is awesome.... Its excellent..

# 8 29-08-2005 , 11:33 PM
Subscriber
thanks

# 9 30-08-2005 , 01:03 PM
Sweet! I love the muscle tone. Especially in the arms, the detail and definition there is amazing. If I may add a crit though; the abs feel a little blocky to me, seems like the seam running through the middle of the six pack could be softened a bit. Beautiful model though.
you lioness was amazing as well, keep em coming.
cheers,
Penguin

# 10 01-09-2005 , 10:42 AM
Lead Modeler - Framestore
Looks cool,

Is this from the Freedom of Teach dvd as it looks familiar, if it is you have done a good job, though I think the proportions need some tweaking, but only a little.

Keep it up.

Jay

# 11 04-09-2005 , 05:16 AM
Subscriber
So you noticed! I was waiting on someone to see the simaliarities.

Actually it's not from the freedom of teach DVD, but was done in my summer class taught by the man himself Tereq. I would have finished it but I had two models going on the same time. I didn't quite spend enough time on this male model since my head/time was on the other one.

I have now moved on so I'm not even sure if I will get back to this soon. Right now I have been working my butt off on new projects.

Thanks for your criq. and others as well.

Marco