Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 27-07-2006 , 12:56 PM

conection with a late

How can i create a master-slave conection between two or more objects, the slave(s) should follow the master with a late.How can i do this with expression

# 2 27-07-2006 , 01:11 PM
what's a late?

Accept no substitutions.
# 3 28-07-2006 , 07:20 AM
I think vij meant a delay...

you might try using the trax editor. The motion will be exactly the same (or with offsets, if desired) and can be set to activate at any time. Erm, I'm not up to where I can say how this is done off the top of my head, but the basic maya animation tutorials will cover what you need to for this.

Book Wise

https://X4nd5r.deviantart.com
# 4 03-08-2006 , 01:46 PM
sorry for my english.Let me explain my doubt.
take 4 or 5 cubes. for the 1st cube write the expression
cube1.tz=4*sin(time);
now let's connect the other cubes with the 1st one , all the cubes starting their animation in the same time.but i need 2nd &other cubeshould follow the 1st after few frames. i need this for a rigging purpose(:headbang: )&(:user added image )

# 5 03-08-2006 , 09:05 PM
if you want them to follow, why not displace the keyframes for cubes 2, 3, 4, & 5 by 1...

so cube1 starts at 0.
cube 2 starts at 1.
cube 3 starts at 2.

and so on.

if they're going to follow the same path then they should naturally continue one after the other, correct?

if 1 frame isn't enough, try 2, 3, whatever it takes to achieve the desired result.

Accept no substitutions.
# 6 03-08-2006 , 09:59 PM
yeah - you can do that with the trax editor
if you want to, you can mod the expression though - for the other cubes, the expression would be:

cube1.tz=4*sin(time - X);

where X would be the delay you want the cubes to begin moving after. With this, you don't have any keyframes to mess with....

Book Wise

# 7 07-08-2006 , 10:35 PM
yet another reason i don't use expressions... i'm just not that smart to think of the simple things like that user added image

Accept no substitutions.
# 8 07-08-2006 , 11:27 PM
heh. In my case, I haven't really figured out or been able to reliably move keys. Sides, if he's using an expression to move something, there aren't any keys (in fact, unless there's a limiting range specified, he CAN'T key it... "existing incoming connection" or something along those lines)...

Ah well!

Book Wise