Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 08-05-2007 , 01:02 PM

About View

In perspective view,I have only move object or zoom object,after all objects in perspective view not see,i can't see why?

Die another day
# 2 08-05-2007 , 03:24 PM
Hi damvinhanh,
Are you saying that after you zoom or move an object, everything dissappears?

Don't be satisfied with what you can do but rather strive to do the things you can't do!
Exceed Expectations!
# 3 08-05-2007 , 10:40 PM
Senior Software Developer
It might be to do with the size of the model. By default maya only shows so much on screen, so large scenes will disappear partialy. I think there is an option in Maya, Windows > Preferences. Cant get it atm whilst at work. So if anyone knows straight off the option I mean please stick it in the post, if not I will post the solution when I am home.

Chris (formerly R@nSiD)
Twitter
When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will truely know peace - Jimmy Hendrix
Winner SM VFX Challenge 1
3rd Place SM SteamPunk Challenge (May 2007)
# 4 09-05-2007 , 12:17 AM
Subscriber
Hey there,

I think that R@nsid is referring to the far clipping plane. If you open the outliner and select your perspective camera and open it's attributes you will be able to see the far clipping planeoption. The default is sometimes too low, if you knock it up to about 10000 it may help.

Take it easy,

Mat.

# 5 09-05-2007 , 12:23 AM
I think the option for changing camera view distance is in the Camera Attributes. There is a field for changing far clipping plane and near or close clipping plane. Bump up the far clipping plane until you can see your whole model. Don't be surprised if you have to bump it up quite a bit (it all depends on the size of your model).

Edit: Sorry happymat27, I didn't see your post until after submitting mine. : )

Don't be satisfied with what you can do but rather strive to do the things you can't do!
Exceed Expectations!

Last edited by Perfecto; 09-05-2007 at 12:25 AM.
# 6 09-05-2007 , 12:25 AM
Senior Software Developer
Thats the one Mat thx vm m8.

Chris (formerly R@nSiD)
Twitter
When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will truely know peace - Jimmy Hendrix
Winner SM VFX Challenge 1
3rd Place SM SteamPunk Challenge (May 2007)