Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 16-05-2007 , 02:50 PM
Subscriber

Graphics card issue?

I always work in inches because when I work in feet or yards and my objects are larger as I view out the image dissapears, but it will still render.

here's what I mean by the image starts to dissapear when i zoom out:
user added image

is this a graphics card problem?

Computer specs
Pentium 4 (CPU), 3.20GHz
1GB Ram
Radeon X300 SE 128 HyperMemory

# 2 16-05-2007 , 04:04 PM
Subscriber
im not sure what is wrong, my laptop does something like that with image planes but thats because its not meant for maya, but i think your graphics card should be find, i was running maya on a 9250 radeon and it worked fine. do you get lines in the screen? while your doing random stuff?

edit:

did you update the drivers?

Do what you like, like what you do.
# 3 16-05-2007 , 04:23 PM
Subscriber
those green lines are from my front top and side viewports, they're just there, always have been. Other than this disspearing problem though I have no problems with maya or graphics at all. *knock on wood*

# 4 16-05-2007 , 06:39 PM
Have you checked the camera's far clipping plane setting? Sounds like it's not set high enough. I think default is 1,000. I've currently started setting mine at 100,000 as that's where a friend of mine sets his.

Hope this helps.
Edit: You can change it in the camera attributes (for each camera). And, you can change it universally in the Preferences.

Don't be satisfied with what you can do but rather strive to do the things you can't do!
Exceed Expectations!
# 5 16-05-2007 , 06:57 PM
Subscriber
Never even knew of that, so I checked it out set it up higher in the main preference, and it still clipped out at the same spot so I went into my perspective camera attribute editor and was able to fix it in the Far Clip Plane slot. I wonder why it only worked through there? Well anyway I appreciate the help, you saved me a lot of frustration :headbang: , I was getting sick of working in inches, everything seemed so small, haha. Thanks again.

# 6 16-05-2007 , 07:07 PM
If you change it in preferences, it won't go into effect until the next time you start Maya. And, maybe even the next time you create a new scene. But you did good, changing it in the attributes changes it immediately. Glad you got it working.

Don't be satisfied with what you can do but rather strive to do the things you can't do!
Exceed Expectations!
# 7 16-05-2007 , 07:53 PM
Subscriber
yeah I didn't restart maya when I set it in the preferences. but it should be taken care of now, thanks once again