Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 08-01-2009 , 01:28 PM

Spec value coming from alpha channel?

Hi,

doing some texturing for the first time in ages, and have just created a spec map. when I apply it to my material, the spec value is coming from the alpha channel, not the main image (I can tell because I've got a uv layout in the alpha channel that that is now creating a spec highlight). In the hypershade, the connections does say alpha (as it always does for bump spec etc) but I don't think this should be happening.

any ideas or suggestions?

cheers

gubar

# 2 08-01-2009 , 08:59 PM
If you double click the little arrow connecting your file to your shader it will open the connection editor. Then you can connect the out color > specular color.

# 3 25-01-2009 , 03:28 AM
sorry for the delayed reply haven't been posting much recentley.

I have re-appleid the texture and it is fine now - this has happened to me before, re-apply and it is fine - never had to manually go from colour to spec before. Still not sure why I've had to apply and re-apply.

Odd that no one else has seen this issue before, thanks for the response.

cheers

gubar

# 4 25-01-2009 , 03:41 PM
You can allways check luminance as alpha.

FX supervisor - double negative