Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 31 23-01-2003 , 12:37 AM
Subscriber
WOW - you win!! and it's not even Feb yet!!

That's awesome! :wow: When you win, I must download it!! user added image

what's the chassis made from? polys?

Take a glance at my <a href="https://forums.simplymaya.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=9428"><b>Porsche 959</b></a> WIP
# 32 23-01-2003 , 01:58 AM
I wouldn't go as far as saying that I have won the contest allready, no one else has even starting models yet. lol. We'll see, I really need some points though, so I will try my hardest to make you guys a good model. Umm... all frame work started with Nurbs, and most were Converted to Polys. However, I still have all of the original curves. Everything is seperated on its own levels, engine, Servos, Frames, ect.... So I may keep the extra curves and stuff on Its own level incase any one is curious about How I modeled it. Thanks for the encouragement, Like I said, still have tons and tons of modeling to do. user added image Thanks,
Brian

Please check
My (old) website!
# 33 23-01-2003 , 02:00 AM
Subscriber

Originally posted by brian_ellebracht
Hey guys, here is what my engine looks like so far.
https://forum.simplymaya.com/attachme...=&postid=29079

WOW, apart from the engine, I LOVE the rendering... is that Final Gather?

By the way, Brian, where in St.Louis are you? I used to live there for 2 years and I'm just curious user added image

-Emo

Last edited by Emo; 23-01-2003 at 02:14 AM.
# 34 23-01-2003 , 02:51 AM
yeah i know, the engine is probably going to be well... going in the trash, I am going to redo it. I still have over a mo. to fix it though user added image user added image user added image I am glad I got an early start. thanks for your comments guys. Thanks guys,
Brian

P.s. What render did I use?? Do you have to ask? lol, everytime I post something someone asks me that, and Its allways the same answer, GI_Joe. user added image

Please check
My (old) website!
# 35 23-01-2003 , 03:20 AM
Subscriber
lol sorry about asking..it just that you out of all people around here have the most awsome render images...

-Emo

# 36 23-01-2003 , 04:06 AM
lol. Thanks for the compliment. Don't worry about asking I don't mind at all. Oh, where do I live in ST. Louis,? SouthCounty. Where did you live when you were here? Why did you move? Just wondering. thanks,
bRIAN

Please check
My (old) website!
# 37 23-01-2003 , 05:02 AM
Subscriber
I used to live in Chesterfield... 63017 user added image

it was nice but since I'm not an American, I didn treally fit in... user added image... I dont think they like non-American's around there...

anyway, I moved here because my dad got transfered from his job and we just moved... and to tell you the truth, I'm loving this place WAY more than St.Louis... it's a lot better in a lot of ways...

-Emo

# 38 24-01-2003 , 04:28 AM
Subscriber
You're a pretty fast modeler. All this in three days is impressive. I wish I was as fast or at least had more time on my hands. Keep up the good work.

# 39 27-01-2003 , 01:15 PM
Subscriber
you take a break brian ? or doing other projects ?

Thanks for wasting your time reading this line.
# 40 27-01-2003 , 02:03 PM
Hey mumbo.. Taking a break for now. I have to write 11 pages for my scriptwriting class by Thurs, user added image so I am trying to get that out of the way. I have been doing alot of research in RC parts in the last few days, and Now I have a better idea on what things look like, so I have a much better idea on what dirrection I need to go into. Can't wait to get started on it again. Thanks,
Brian

Please check
My (old) website!
# 41 27-01-2003 , 06:45 PM
Subscriber
great modeling! - subject matter would have never occured to me! i'll have to check out gi_joe renderer... i have always just used the maya renderer.

Check out the subsurfacescattering on my tongue...

<a href="https://www.reitzmachine.com">www.reitzmachine.com</a>
# 42 29-01-2003 , 08:17 AM
Subscriber
I was wondering where can I get gi_joe at?

# 43 29-01-2003 , 05:00 PM

Israel "Izzy" Long
Motion and Title Design for Broadcast-Film-DS
izzylong.com
# 44 02-02-2003 , 12:10 AM
Kevin
some fine modeling in this thread! real perfection!

# 45 03-02-2003 , 03:19 AM
Thanks for all of you replies guys, been kind of busy, making a web site and stuff, hopefully I will get back on it by Wed, still have tons of stuff to do. user added image Thanks,
Brian

Please check
My (old) website!