Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 09-12-2013 , 06:12 AM

Rigidbodies, active, passive, not colliding?

Hello, in my scene, I have a sphere, set as passive, colliding into a bunch of triangle meshes(they are separated). There is gravity. The sphere is hitting the tris from sideways through animation. I start the animation of the sphere very close to the triangles in order to hit it before it falls too much. This worked fine for my other set of tris, but it is not working now. Thing is, the triangle meshes are not being effected. The sphere goes right through it and doesnt effect the fall of the triangles. I believe I have everything set up the same, so what gives?

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 09-12-2013 , 07:03 PM
anyone....?

# 3 09-12-2013 , 08:49 PM
BTW the triangles are doubled sided faces, so normals going both ways. Worked fine previously. I am clueless why it's not working now. I even re-set up the other set of tris that worked, and they still work. So I recreated the one above, still no luck. user added image

EDIT: here is documentation on problem. So it is probably related to double sided faces, but it doesnt make sense that it worked perfectly fine for other.

EDIT2:UPDATE:
I have tried using tris with just one face, and still not getting collision and getting interpenetration error.

Attached Thumbnails

Last edited by bpears; 10-12-2013 at 12:16 AM.