Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 18-08-2005 , 06:54 PM
Subscriber

need some info

hey guys i bought the walk cycle tutorial and i was hoping it would show me a finish walk cycle that would move forward not just in place. Is there anyway that i can make it move forward or do you guys have some other walk cycle that will move forward so i can learn how to do it. If you guys have any information on other walk cycles that actually move forward please hook me up. Thank you guys hope i can get some help. I need it because i suck at walk cycles and want to be really good at them.

# 2 18-08-2005 , 07:16 PM
I haven't actually seen the walking cycle tutorial.....but I will try to help anyways......once you have a walking cycle that stays in one place...you pretty much have everything you need to know so that you can actually make it move forward......you would basically just have to add a few more keys for the feet and torso.....in the translate z direction (or possibly trans x..depending on how the character is oriented).....and you would just have to tweak it....i'm pretty sure if you did it once.....tweaked it....then did it a few more times....you would get some pretty good results...do what looks right...and keep practicing.....hopefully that helped.....sorry i can't be "tutorial-specific" since i haven't actually seen it..but I've taken classes in animation and animated several cycles.....good luck
theanswerrp03