Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 21-06-2006 , 03:03 PM

When are they going to fix downloads on this site . . .

If you go to the download section on this site, the first thing you may notice is that if you click on any of the "latest uploads" you get nothing.

Also, I have uploaded my Walkerman program several times as I made updates to it, and when I go to the previous uploads that I did, I cannot "EDIT" when I press on the edit button. This is bad, because I have a lot of people downloading the older versions when they could be downloading the newer version which is much better. I would like to be able to just remove the older versions of the download alltogether, but I would settle for at least being able to edit the message so people are aware of the newer versions . . . .

"The Sage as an Astronomer: If you still see the stars as something above you, you lack the eye of knowledge." Friedrich Nietzsche
# 2 22-06-2006 , 03:25 PM
Tubby
The site will be getting a face lift over the next month or two.

Hopefully all the problems will be fixed.

If anyone comes across any problems please add it to this thread. The more you tell us the more we can fix.

Darren

# 3 22-06-2006 , 03:45 PM
Subscriber
well i have report this several times still nothing so here is another shot ...other users having same issue ...

you go to your dvds ...and click on to view sample and alot of them bring up that dang T - rex sample and video ...and it is suppose to be something different ..so actually viewing a video is actually a waste ..

also i love the video's on the site dont get me wrong ..I will order more but like to see wht i am ordering

# 4 22-06-2006 , 04:05 PM
Tubby
Noted.

To be honest I would like to see this feature gone, uses bandwidth and space. Also generates lots of email from users "Why don't the clip show whatever". The Clips are meant to show quality not content. But this is my opinion.

Well see what Dave has to say on the matter.

# 5 22-06-2006 , 04:51 PM
Subscriber
well I am see your point on bandwith ..then if you do that at least show screen shots ..and i am talking more than one so you see what you are buying finish product is always a good selling point or just have it for direct download only and not streaming which takes more bandwith

either one I would be happy ...screenshots work for me ... and if you just have one example demo dvd ...just shows quality on just one and state same quality for all dvds .. but hey that is just me thinking

thank you

# 6 22-06-2006 , 05:04 PM
Tubby
All things to be looked at. Hopefully be able to sort something out to keep 99% happy !

# 7 22-06-2006 , 06:37 PM
Subscriber
iam also not able to get to the gallery. nor simplyphotoshop.com and simply3dworld.com. do you think its just my web browser or firewall settings?

A pint of example is worth a gallon of advice!!
# 8 22-06-2006 , 06:51 PM
Tubby
Gallery was killed off sometime ago, due to lack of use.

Simplyphotoshop.com as above, that and lack of people wanting to do tutorials for us.

Simply3dworld.com, shutdown due the upcoming changes on all the simply sites.

# 9 23-06-2006 , 08:43 AM
SM Tea Boy
Simply3DWorld.com will be back as will the gallery. Samples in the DVD section are meant to show video quality not content. All the DVD's are encoded the same way and share the same quality settings (except the first t-rex and the first organic modelling, but these are now our oldest DVD's)

The site will be radically changing over the next month or so. Uploads where stopped due to a security issue and will be back up along with the new site sometime in July / August.

David

From a readers' Q and A column in TV GUIDE: "If we get involved in a nuclear war, would the electromagnetic pulses from exploding bombs damage my videotapes?"